Booze!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
JustLikeHeaven

Booze!

Postby JustLikeHeaven » December 24th, 2016, 3:50 pm

I know a few people on the site have had discussions about beer, mixed drinks and other things...so why not get a dedicated thread going for it.

It's the holidays and that means drinking for lots of people. My drink of choice always tends to be spiked eggnog. Hey, I'm a seasonal guy...what can I say.

Over the years I've tinkered with tons of different ways to spike eggnog and never really found anything that blew me away. Until this year when I came up with something absurdly tasty. I like it so much that I wrote an entire ridiculous article about it...check it out:

https://wolfmanslounge.com/2016/12/24/t ... st-eggnog/

Let me know what you think. Also, I'm always on the lookout for new 'nog recipes. So feel free to share your favorite! Merry Christmas!

What's everyone else drinking during the holidays???

matmico399

Re: Booze!

Postby matmico399 » December 24th, 2016, 4:02 pm

I'm not much into spirits. So I will bounce back and forth between beer and very dry red wines like Cab. I luv a good Cab. But ya gotta be careful with dry reds, they will sneak up on You.

Robotrek

Postby Robotrek » December 24th, 2016, 5:44 pm

I'm not much of an alcohol guy, but I'll be drinking straight up Jack all day tomorrow.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » December 25th, 2016, 9:58 pm

Mostly straight Canadian Rye Whiskey (Gibson's most of the time), and that more days than not. If I mix it, it will usually be with water, but that's rare. Occasionally, I will have wine (if it's on the table at a wedding, or with Christmas supper like today). I will usually drink a pint of Rickards Red if we're at a sports or wing place and something from Quidi Vidi Brewery with football. Honestly though, if you put a drink in front of me, I will drink it, so I'm not picky.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » December 26th, 2016, 1:50 am

Jack and Coke
Honey Jack and coke
Jim Beam Honey and coke..
Jim Beam black and coke
Disarrano.. Jim Beam white and coke..

Sometimes Carlesberg lager.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 26th, 2016, 11:02 am

Evan Williams bourbon on ice.

Voor

Postby Voor » December 26th, 2016, 6:14 pm

I think I have some kind of weird problem with alcohol. It all just tastes supremely nasty to me. I know they say it's an acquired taste, but it doesn't seem worth it to me so far. Lol.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » December 26th, 2016, 6:34 pm

I'm almost always going to drink stuff in this hierarchy:

Mixed Drink/Cocktail/Hard Alcohol

Beer

Wine

The thing about cocktails is I very much like playing around with different types alcohol to come up with something delicious.

When it comes to beer I'm not that picky. In recent years I got caught up with the microbrew explosion that happened, but I've sort of stopped chasing after rare and expensive beers. Being from Rhode Island my go to lager of choice is Narragansett...you know, the stuff Quint chugs while trying to hunt down Jaws! It's good stuff and gets the job done.

Now when it comes to wine, I'm a complete noob. I don't like the taste of any red wine. If it's white I tend to like sweeter things like Riesling or Moscoto...you know, real manly stuff. Can someone that is into wine, specifically red, tell me why I get a buttery taste on my tongue after each sip? Or can someone into red wine give me a legit place to start? I've always wanted to appreciate wine, but my palate never seems to agree with it. Any tips?

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » December 26th, 2016, 7:17 pm

Dry wines: I like reds like Cabs, Bordeaux, Chardonnays.

Beer: IPA's all the way. Not to be a beer snob, but I can't even drink Bud, Coors, Corona, etc.

That's about it. Don't drink the hard stuff.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 27th, 2016, 1:12 am

Justlike to enjoy reds You must somewhat enjoy the taste of beer. A bit bitter. Hops keep beer from being too sweet. Without hops beer would be pretty un drinkable. If you want to enjoy a good dry red try a lower alcohol Pinot noir. Much lighter in body and flavor than a merlot or cab. And a lower alcohol noir is always a good place to start when trying reds.

Return to “Other Media”