Booze!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Luigi & Peach

Re: Booze!

Postby Luigi & Peach » December 27th, 2016, 8:55 pm

Due to limited drinking these days, my tolerance is almost nil. Been enjoying the hard ciders a bit though. I don't mind craft beers. I prefer to drink a lager or an ale over a light beer though. I prefer my wine sweet (moscato, riesling, and the classiest of classy white zin). Probably a correlation between that and large consumption of mountain dew in college. Don't really drink any hard liquor these days, but I enjoyed a good Seagrams 7 & 7 (or highball as some might call them) back in the day.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » December 28th, 2016, 2:22 am

Favorite drink is Summer Shandy. Screw seasonal drinking, I have it whenever I can get it.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » December 28th, 2016, 9:41 am

JustLikeHeaven wrote: Or can someone into red wine give me a legit place to start? I've always wanted to appreciate wine, but my palate never seems to agree with it. Any tips?

Yeah, I second the recomendation for a Pinot Noir. It's much more mild/smoother than any other red out there. I don't believe I've ever had a bad Pinot Noir in my life. (or I'm just easy). My wife always gets the Francis Ford Copola Pinot Noir and enjoys it. I believe they stock it everywhere. Alternatively, get a few bottles with whatever is on sale and try a couple of different ones to see what you think. The only thing I know is that my pallette can't tell a huge difference between a $40 bottle and a $20 bottle so I go on the cheap side (on everything).

If you find a Pinot Noir you like, perhaps, try a Malbec after that. It's a little more heavy or robust but still not as deep as a Merlot or Chianti. My wife who doesn't like reds, loves Pinot Noir. So, I wholeheartily suggest one. Now, I'm thirsty (and it's 8:30 AM). :P

On my end for booze I normally prefer a Guinness but also enjoy spiced rum with coke. But Guinness would be my preferred go to drink. :)

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » December 28th, 2016, 10:52 am

Thanks for the tips on red wine. I'll try to find a bottle of Pinot Noir and see how that works out. I will say that when I pair red wine with steak it tends to taste much better.

As for a "go to" drink I very much prefer a gimlet. I'll do either a traditional gin gimlet or a vodka gimlet in a pinch. They're delicious.

LS650

Postby LS650 » December 28th, 2016, 6:26 pm

I'm pretty much a craft beer drinker, and usually only have two or three beers over say a week. I often go weeks without a beer, then get hit with a bit of a craving. I'll pick up a six-pack or two of decent stuff, finish them off, and then not have a beer for a month or so. I stay away from the cheap swill like Budweiser or Coors, and I'd rather spend a couple of extra bucks to buy a quality beer from a small brewery.

I don't drink much wine, but I did try a nice merlot at Christmas that I may want to buy occasionally.

I never drink hard liquor.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » December 28th, 2016, 10:24 pm

LS650 wrote:I often go weeks without a beer, then get hit with a bit of a craving. I'll pick up a six-pack or two of decent stuff, finish them off, and then not have a beer for a month or so.

I never drink hard liquor.

This would be such an odd series of weeks for me, I don't know that it describes any month of my life in the last 15 years. :)

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » December 30th, 2016, 4:49 pm

Oh I have beer or wine every night. Sleep like a rock!

Return to “Other Media”