No Star Wars Rogue One video games?

General and high profile video game topics.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

No Star Wars Rogue One video games?

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 8th, 2017, 11:37 pm

And no, that Battlefront DLC does not count!

I just saw Rogue One (about time, I know) and there were so many sequences in there that would have been great for a video game. It makes it all the more painful that Electronic Arts has exclusive rights to the Star Wars license. That license is being squandered every single day.

Terrible mistake by Disney, but I guess they got paid off just like the NFL.

ptdebate

Re: No Star Wars Rogue One video games?

Postby ptdebate » January 9th, 2017, 12:32 am

I'd much rather see a new Knights of the Old Republic than yet another disappointing cash-in game based on a movie.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » January 9th, 2017, 7:35 am

All star wars movies have some really great scenes that would make a fun game, but have they ever made a good console star wars game based off of a movie? There have been some descent spin-off and one-off games, but has there ever been a direct movie game that was good?

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » January 10th, 2017, 11:26 am

Rookie1 wrote:All star wars movies have some really great scenes that would make a fun game, but have they ever made a good console star wars game based off of a movie? There have been some descent spin-off and one-off games, but has there ever been a direct movie game that was good?

Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » January 10th, 2017, 8:52 pm

Gentlegamer wrote:
Rookie1 wrote:All star wars movies have some really great scenes that would make a fun game, but have they ever made a good console star wars game based off of a movie? There have been some descent spin-off and one-off games, but has there ever been a direct movie game that was good?

Super Star Wars, Super Empire Strikes Back, Super Return of the Jedi

I personally think those games suck. They are visually appealing, but the gameplay is crap

Return to “Video Games General”