Xenoblade Chronicles

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
DaHeckIzDat

Xenoblade Chronicles

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 11th, 2017, 9:14 pm

After taking nearly a year long break from this game, I've finally decided to revisit it-- and get my butt kicked more than I do in Dark Souls. For those who have played it, I'm jumping back in right at the fight with Xord in the ether mines, and he's absolutely destroying me! And the worst part is, I look for strategies online, and all I see are people saying how ridiculously easy he, and the entire game as a whole, is. They say to fight him at level 25, which I am. They say to fill up the chain attack gauge, but my party keeps getting killed before I can. It's actually kinda pissing me off. Anybody else think this game is frustratingly hard, or is it just me?

Atarifever

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles

Postby Atarifever » January 11th, 2017, 9:22 pm

I don't think it's likely the difficulty giving you the trouble; it's likely your break. That game has a real time kind of battle system, and I remember just paying enough attention to everything going on was kind of tough. If I had to go back in there now, I'd be totally lost. I certainly wouldn't be able to go after a boss comfortably. For that reason, I don't like really long games anymore. If I can't finish a game before my attention drops off, and if it is any kind of difficult mechanically or strategically, once I'm out for a couple weeks, I'm done. I'm pretty sure I'll never finish this game.

DaHeckIzDat

Re: Xenoblade Chronicles

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 11th, 2017, 9:37 pm

The frustrating part is that the battles are mostly automated. You only control where your character goes and when he chooses to use his special attacks. So, why is it that the other people in my party aren't acting the way everyone says they should? I'm not underleveled, but they just run headlong into the fight and get themselves murdered, leaving me to fight a boss that requires teamwork all by myself.

Return to “Now Playing”