Super Bowl LI

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
matmico399

Super Bowl LI

Postby matmico399 » January 31st, 2017, 6:04 pm

I live in Atlanta so obv You know who I am cheering hard for. Are you all cheering FALCONS or Patriots?

scotland

Re: Super Bowl LI

Postby scotland » January 31st, 2017, 6:11 pm

Falcons.

Growing up, my dad was a Dolphins fan. Dolphins fans despise the Patriots ever since the 1982 snowplow incident. Best Superbowl I ever watched was my dad and i watching the underdog Giants deny the Patriots.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » January 31st, 2017, 6:57 pm

Not so much a Falcons fan as a non-Patriots fan. Haven't they won enough? Plus maybe I'm a bit jealous that Belichick couldn't have been this successful during his stint with the Browns.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » February 1st, 2017, 1:14 am

Falcons. Boston sports tend to be insufferable anyway, heh. Besides, Atlanta's offense is insanely good. Devonta Freeman and Vic Beasley are two of my favorite players on that team. Hope they win.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » February 1st, 2017, 8:21 am

I hope the Falcons win. I guess every guest on ESPN's Mike & Mike has picked the Falcons so far this week. I have a bad feeling the patriots will neutralize the Falcons and make them look average. Seems to happen when teams play the pats. I hope it isn't like last year, where a high powered NFC offense is basically stopped by an AFC defense, but the pats defense isn't as good as the Broncos was last year, and they haven't really been tested.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » February 1st, 2017, 11:32 am

CharlieR wrote:I hope the Falcons win. I guess every guest on ESPN's Mike & Mike has picked the Falcons so far this week. I have a bad feeling the patriots will neutralize the Falcons and make them look average. Seems to happen when teams play the pats. I hope it isn't like last year, where a high powered NFC offense is basically stopped by an AFC defense, but the pats defense isn't as good as the Broncos was last year, and they haven't really been tested.

I think they'll be tested. You should never bet against Belichick, but Kyle Shanahan is the best coordinator in the game. He, like Belichick, is able to dissect teams' weaknesses and use that against them, keeping them on their toes with diverse playcalling and getting the most out of limited players. Even if Atlanta doesn't win, it should at least be a close game.

MrLuck87

Postby MrLuck87 » February 1st, 2017, 4:34 pm

Falcons! I've lived in GA my whole life and I've been a Falcons fan since the year the first NFL Blitz came out. I've been waiting for us to go back to the Superbowl for a very long time and this team is way better than the 1998 team.

It's weird how many people want us to win because of how hated the Pats are too haha

ESauce

Postby ESauce » February 1st, 2017, 5:15 pm

You can count me on board with the Falcons just because of my Patriots hate.

scotland

Postby scotland » February 1st, 2017, 5:42 pm

Look for a Nintendo Switch ad during the game.

Cory

Postby Cory » February 4th, 2017, 11:01 pm

MrLuck87 wrote:Falcons! I've lived in GA my whole life and I've been a Falcons fan since the year the first NFL Blitz came out. I've been waiting for us to go back to the Superbowl for a very long time and this team is way better than the 1998 team.

It's weird how many people want us to win because of how hated the Pats are too haha

Too bad the Falcons are going to lose though.

Return to “Other Media”