Which Games Was the VGC Unfair Towards?

General and high profile video game topics.
ESauce

Re: Which Games Was the VGC Unfair Towards?

Postby ESauce » January 31st, 2017, 7:55 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Maybe it's because I'm a software developer by trade, but I don't like games where I make my own content.
In games like Excitebike it's just an extraneous mode. I hardly bother with it and it really doesn't impact the grade.
I also don't care for Minecraft. Clearly there is a huge audience for this kind of stuff but I can only express my own personal thoughts and feelings on the game.

Do you think it might be good to post user reviews for these types of games like you do with RPGs? I hope this doesn't sound insulting but I don't feel like I get as much from your reviews when it's a genre you don't enjoy. If you had users submit the reviews to RPGs and builder games then you could focus your time on the genres that appeal to you. There's obviously a huge library of games yet to be reviewed by you even if you avoid these genres.

LS650

Postby LS650 » January 31st, 2017, 11:35 pm

No matter how great you think a game is, someone else out there is going to think it's a steaming coiler.

Reviews are just opinions. You don't have to agree with the Video Game Critic - and he doesn't have to agree with you.

Alucard1191

Postby Alucard1191 » February 2nd, 2017, 12:07 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Maybe it's because I'm a software developer by trade, but I don't like games where I make my own content.
In games like Excitebike it's just an extraneous mode. I hardly bother with it and it really doesn't impact the grade.
I also don't care for Minecraft. Clearly there is a huge audience for this kind of stuff but I can only express my own personal thoughts and feelings on the game.

I like RPGs most of all, which isn't something you're as into. So that right there is something that is harder for me to look at. But for me I actually like seeing the different opinions. "Wait... there are people who play mainly fighting and sports games? Mind. Blown."

But the main point of response: I LOVED excitebike's level designer. I played that a ton as a kid, was one of my favorites, and I would make levels that my best friend and I would play on for hours. It's interesting to look at other points of view and reasoning, makes these things fascinating.

astrodomekid

Postby astrodomekid » February 11th, 2017, 12:11 am

NBA Hangtime (N64) The critic gave this a D+, not much better than the D he gave to the SNES version. And while I understand opinions are opinions, this might discourage people from buying it, which is a darn shame because I think it's the best basketball game EVER (yes, better than its predecessor NBA Jam)! It's more challenging even on the lowest difficulty setting, the over-the-top presentation is hilarious, and it's the closest port of the arcade version you can get.

Return to “Video Games General”