Super Bowl LI

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Luigi & Peach

Re: Super Bowl LI

Postby Luigi & Peach » February 6th, 2017, 9:15 am

matmico399 wrote:I live in Atlanta so obv You know who I am cheering hard for. Are you all cheering FALCONS or Patriots?

I just wanted to give you and all the Falcons fans out there my condolences. It sucks being on the wrong end of history.

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » February 6th, 2017, 10:04 am

I thought the Seahawks throwing at the 1 for an INT against the Pats was the worst play-call in Superbowl history. After watching the Falcons' offensive play-calling in the 4th quarter, I now rank the Seahawks' pass on the 1 as the 7th worst play-call in Superbowl history. Atlanta owns 1 through 6.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » February 6th, 2017, 10:51 am

I heard on the radio that the ATL coach likes to keep an aggressive offense, so that's why they were throwing. They had two really good chances to get to 31, once when they were up 28-12, and another at 28-20. Especially after that Julio Jones catch, they should have just ran the ball a few times, eaten clock, and taken the field goal to go up two scores. They have one of the best kickers in the league as it is.

It seems coaches seem to outthink themselves against New England. Just play smart and take the points.

MrLuck87

Postby MrLuck87 » February 6th, 2017, 4:34 pm

As a Falcons fan there are a lot of positives about yesterday but they're pretty much all completely offset by blowing a 25 point lead. It especially sucks that they blew their chance at a field goal. I thought Kyle Shanahan was overrated before the Superbowl and this pretty much cements it. I don't see him doing a thing in SF. Of course considering how cursed Atlanta is he'll probably end up being the best head coach of all time.

They're still a somewhat young team so they could very possibly win the Superbowl next year. This loss will sting until that happens though.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 6th, 2017, 7:39 pm

It was a great game. I feel bad for the people who turned it off after the third quarter!

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » February 6th, 2017, 7:58 pm

MrLuck87 wrote:As a Falcons fan there are a lot of positives about yesterday but they're pretty much all completely offset by blowing a 25 point lead. It especially sucks that they blew their chance at a field goal. I thought Kyle Shanahan was overrated before the Superbowl and this pretty much cements it. I don't see him doing a thing in SF. Of course considering how cursed Atlanta is he'll probably end up being the best head coach of all time.

They're still a somewhat young team so they could very possibly win the Superbowl next year. This loss will sting until that happens though.

The absolutely worse decision I have seen since the last time the Pats were in the Super Bowl! What the heck was Atlanta doing trying to throw the ball when it was 2 and 8 on the Pats 20 with less than 5 minutes left in the game? Run the ball and burn the clock or make the Pats use their timeouts. Kick the field goal and you are up two scores with about 4 minutes left. Game over! But they dropped back for a pass and fumbled. STUPID! I think I saw Pete Carrol calling plays for Atlanta on the sideline. The greatest choke in sports history, they deserved to lose after calling that play.

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » February 7th, 2017, 8:16 am

MrLuck87 wrote:As a Falcons fan there are a lot of positives about yesterday but they're pretty much all completely offset by blowing a 25 point lead. It especially sucks that they blew their chance at a field goal. I thought Kyle Shanahan was overrated before the Superbowl and this pretty much cements it. I don't see him doing a thing in SF. Of course considering how cursed Atlanta is he'll probably end up being the best head coach of all time.

I secretly think Shanahan bet over on the 60 total points prop bet.

MrLuck87

Postby MrLuck87 » February 7th, 2017, 9:41 pm

Luigi & Peach wrote:

I secretly think Shanahan bet over on the 60 total points prop bet.

Seriously. I remember being so excited at halftime but every Falcons fan still remembers the NFC Championship game and knew not to celebrate too early. My mind still can not fathom that they only ran the ball 5 times in the ENTIRE second half! In one quarter we went from having a legendary season to a gigantic joke with a choking stigma that will lurk around until the day they win the Superbowl.

I hope the 49er's lose every single game while Kyle is their head coach.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » February 8th, 2017, 6:23 pm

Dear Americans,
Your football league has a trash garbage overtime policy. It is too bad that another gridiron league next door to you doesn't have a sensible policy that has been proven to work just fine and doesn't give the game to the winner of a coin toss. Oh wait...

Signed,
Canada

Seriously, I could not believe your overtime policy when it was explained to me, and I still can't believe it two days later. It's like doing sudden death (first run wins) in baseball, and flipping to decide who hits in the top of the 10th. Or it's like having a sudden death shoot-out in hockey, and flipping to see who gets first shot on goal. It boggles my mind to imagine that anyone, anywhere thinks this is a good overtime system. It's not just bad. It's farcical. The team I was cheering for didn't win, and they idn't deserve to. The better team won, so that's cool too. However, that overtime system is a total dumpster fire, and everyone who watches that league has to know it, right?

To prove I'm not the only Canuk feeling this way:
http://3downnation.com/2017/02/06/nfl-o ... yle-tweak/

Gleebergloben123

Postby Gleebergloben123 » February 8th, 2017, 7:26 pm

Atarifever wrote:Dear Americans,
Your football league has a trash garbage overtime policy. It is too bad that another gridiron league next door to you doesn't have a sensible policy that has been proven to work just fine and doesn't give the game to the winner of a coin toss. Oh wait...

Signed,
Canada

Seriously, I could not believe your overtime policy when it was explained to me, and I still can't believe it two days later. It's like doing sudden death (first run wins) in baseball, and flipping to decide who hits in the top of the 10th. Or it's like having a sudden death shoot-out in hockey, and flipping to see who gets first shot on goal. It boggles my mind to imagine that anyone, anywhere thinks this is a good overtime system. It's not just bad. It's farcical. The team I was cheering for didn't win, and they idn't deserve to. The better team won, so that's cool too. However, that overtime system is a total dumpster fire, and everyone who watches that league has to know it, right?

To prove I'm not the only Canuk feeling this way:
http://3downnation.com/2017/02/06/nfl-o ... yle-tweak/

How dare you sir! How dare you criticize the sport of champions, American football! Harumph I say! Harumph!

Yeah, the rules of overtime are pretty dumb. And they used to be worse, as it was sudden death, so the first team that got the ball just needed a field goal to win. Then the NFL changed the OT rules a couple years ago to make it dumb and needlessly complicated.

I kinda feel the same way about soccer being decided on penalty kicks which I think is a waste. Yeah it's exciting, but not really fair. A friend once told me an intriguing way to improve extra time and PK in soccer. Instead of extra time THEN penalty kicks if no one scores, do the PK's first. The team that wins the PK's has the advantage. Then go to extra-time. If the team that lost the PK scores a goal, that team wins. If the winning PK team scores a goal or if it's a tie, then that team wins. Easy breezy, and it's settled on the pitch.

Return to “Other Media”