Stalvern

Re: Another reason to hate the digital age

Postby Stalvern » January 29th, 2017, 2:44 am

Congratulations!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 31st, 2017, 7:51 pm

I think everybody should send Activision a bill for all the lost time and used resources.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » February 7th, 2017, 2:26 pm

I downloaded RealPlayer last week. Took about 40min.

Congratulations Activision! You're officially worse than RealNetworks! How does it feel? ;)

Steve

Postby Steve » February 9th, 2017, 2:17 pm

I was reading online today about a patch for Call of Duty Modern Warfare Remastered and took note of the following:
Reduced size of total MWR package from 75GB to ~60GB (Xbox One only)
Too little, too late but I wonder if this was a result by complaints about the download size/speed

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » March 25th, 2017, 4:07 am

As so often seems to happen, you can't win with digital distribution, it seems.

I went to buy The Crew off the Xbox 360 marketplace tonight to play over the next few weeks. It's a spiritual successor from 2014 to the Test Drive Unlimited franchise which I enjoyed in the earlier days of the 360. Figuring I'd just download it since it annoyingly has an online mandate and will be useless sooner rather than later, I patiently waited for it to get cheap since it has a built-in expiration date.

Thinking it must be down to $10-$15 at this point, I went looking and only found DLC expansions for it. Apparently this game that's useless offline for no good reason (It has a full fledged single player mode and online play was half broken anyways) was only made available physically on the Xbox 360.

Wonder what these publishers are thinking sometimes. An online only game is the one type of release that seems perfectly suited to distribute digitally, yet it didn't happen in this instance.

Return to “Modern Gaming”