2017/2/10: Playstation 4: Steep

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2017/2/10: Playstation 4: Steep

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 10th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Finally an honest review of this horrible game. Thoughts?

Crummylion

Re: 2017/2/10: Playstation 4: Steep

Postby Crummylion » February 10th, 2017, 11:32 pm

Suggestion: what if there was an icon for online only video games so that gamers can be more cautious about buying games that may never be playable in the future?

Other than that, great review as usual. :D

mbd36

Postby mbd36 » February 11th, 2017, 12:49 am

VideoGameCritic wrote:Finally an honest review of this horrible game. Thoughts?

How close were you to giving this game an F-?

You really, really, really hated this game, lol.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » February 11th, 2017, 7:46 am

Two mentions of tea in one review?! Best review ever. 18 out of 10! Tea is a food group here in this house. :)

Always online games need to be done away with. There is literally no benefit to the purchaser to that practice. None. Needing a connection for patches is okay, maybe. Needing a connection to play online or download free or expansion content, fine. That's what DLC and online play are. But needing to connect for single TV play? What is the justification? There is none, and none is even attempted.

Someone here is bound to jump in with the usual apologist "I really don't mind." Yeah, you don't mind. Cool. Don't mind. But neither do you gain anything. Why something you "don't mind" but that annoys other people and gains you nothing sets you to a default state of defending it is beyond me. I don't mind if tomorrow they start charging extra tax to people with girl children, because I have two boys. However, I can see why that would suck for people with girls, why it is stupid and indefensible, and how it doesn't benefit me in any way, so I'm sure as heck not going to join the "girl tax defense force." No one but the publisher benefits here, so if you aren't the publisher, I see no reason to excuse or defend this.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 11th, 2017, 8:39 am

Yes I really did want to give the game an F- and I am open to adding an "online only" icon if someone can think of a good design.

You know what really pisses me off? I bought this game on the advice of the Game Informer review which mentioned NOTHING about the online requirement. In fact, on the top of the review it says "1 player (4 player online)". The review had a lot of sappy lines like "upon landing I warmly reflected on the subtlety of an experience..." What the [expletive]?! And it gave the game an 8.5! That review gets an F-.

txsizzler

Postby txsizzler » February 11th, 2017, 2:47 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Yes I really did want to give the game an F- and I am open to adding an "online only" icon if someone can think of a good design.

You know what really pisses me off? I bought this game on the advice of the Game Informer review which mentioned NOTHING about the online requirement. In fact, on the top of the review it says "1 player (4 player online)". The review had a lot of sappy lines like "upon landing I warmly reflected on the subtlety of an experience..." What the [expletive]?! And it gave the game an 8.5! That review gets an F-.

Don't be surprised if Game Informer is not in cahoots with some of these game companies for advertising $$$ and revenue. The fact that they didn't bother to mention the fact that you have to be connected to UBIsoft servers is troublesome to me. I would have been pi$$ed off at having spent good money on this game, just to go through the game starting sequence like you had to do. This newest generation of gaming may be the signs that another large market crash is impending. I will stick to my older games, and have such a backlog there, that I will never need to move on to the newer generation titles.

That being said, my son does enjoy his Xbox One, but primarily just sticks to playing Minecraft on it.

crimefighter

Postby crimefighter » February 11th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Maybe either one of these two?

Rev

Postby Rev » February 11th, 2017, 4:39 pm

Wow this game sounds terrible... Why is it online only? Is it a multiplayer game or something....? It just doesn't make any sense... Throw in the fact that it's boring... Thanks for the heads up.b I actually like snowboarding games too. Disappointing...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 11th, 2017, 7:16 pm

Crimefighter - I like this icon a lot! Thanks!
I'll try to shrink it down and see how it looks.

Cafeman

Postby Cafeman » February 11th, 2017, 7:29 pm

Mr Yuck wi-fi only.png
Mr Yuck wi-fi only.png (26.18 KiB) Viewed 3923 times

Add a yuck face to the icon to indicate online-only games are a yucky idea!

Return to “Review Feedback”