Super Bowl LI

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Voor

Re: Super Bowl LI

Postby Voor » February 9th, 2017, 8:32 pm

Do y'all like the college football overtime rules better? It's essentially what y'all are asking for with a much shorter field.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » February 9th, 2017, 9:17 pm

Here's another question: Why the hell wasn't Devonta Freeman used more? He had 11 carries I believe, and was sensational when given the ball. He was the team's MVP in my opinion and they went away from him for no reason.

That 3rd and 1 call where Ryan fumbled was also bs. You have one of the best backs in the league in Freeman. Use him, dammit. The worst that could happen is you punt up 2 possessions instead of giving NE excellent field position with the screwup.

Congrats to the Patriots, but that was more of a Falcons collapse than a NE comeback to me. They had so many opportunities to close out the game and squandered all of them.

BlasteroidAli

Postby BlasteroidAli » February 10th, 2017, 9:28 am

Fantastic game. I watched it live in London. First half Falcons and they could have put the game to bed but did not. Third quarter started to shift.. 4th quarter on ot .. all Patriots.. it was a great game.

Turned the sound down for lady gaga... though when I turned it up she was better than Beyonce last year... would have preferred KISS

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » February 10th, 2017, 11:15 am

heard a few interesting things on sports shows. One thing was that it is harder to play with a lead, especially on the biggest stage. When you are down, you open up the whole playbook, but trailing is a different story.

Also, maybe it was a bad thing for the Falcons to defer (a move Belichick started years ago, now they all do it!) the opening kickoff. There was a point in time where an hour (real time) had gone by where the Falcons offense was off the field!

The other thing is something I mentioned before, that the Atlanta coaches are aggressive, and were going for TD's rather than just kicking field goals.

Strange how Vegas works. A 28-3 game in the 2nd half, that looks sure to go under, becomes tied in a matter of minutes and goes to overtime, guaranteeing more points. Also, if New England kicks a winning FG at the end of regulation, the point spread bets (ATL +3, NE -3) are a push.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » February 11th, 2017, 6:03 am

Voor wrote:Do y'all like the college football overtime rules better? It's essentially what y'all are asking for with a much shorter field.

If what I see online is correct, those are nearly the same as the CFL overtime rules. From what I can see, College football scrimmages from the opponents 25 yard line, while the CFL does it from their 35 yard line. As well, in the CFL, you are always required to try for the two-point convert in overtime after a TD. So, yes, I definitely prefer College overtime to the NFLs.

Return to “Other Media”