Browns vs Tide. Who would win?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Luigi & Peach

Re: Browns vs Tide. Who would win?

Postby Luigi & Peach » February 14th, 2017, 8:01 am

Herschie wrote:
Luigi & Peach wrote:I'd argue the Indians with a healthy rotation, but we'll never know now, will we?

in
Or the 2004 Cubs with a healthy Wood and Prior. Or the 1986 Bears with a healthy Jim McMahon. Coulda, woulda, shoulda. Injuries are part of the game, and part of a player's value is his ability to stay healthy. I'm sure that when Theo and Jed were putting together the Cubs, they kept that in mind.

I've been waiting to sit at a computer before I finally replied on this one since I had a few thoughts on the subject matter. Yes, injuries are indeed a part of the game and the Cubs took advantage of them as they rightfully should. Ultimately they were the better team over those 7 games and kudos to them. What drives me crazy, I guess, is living in a city like Fort Wayne where the majority of baseball fans are Cubs fans (some people claim to be fans of the Cubs & White Sox, but I scoff at them since no true fan of either of those teams would be a fan of the other) and having to frequently hear some variation of "the best team won". No! The team that was better at that given time won. Unless both teams are 100% healthy (which I realize is almost theoretical impossible) we'll never know who was truly the better team. Regarding Cleveland's 2 major pitching injuries though, I will grant you that Salazar has a history of injuries, but Carrasco did not, and there's no way that even the genius of Theo or Jed can predict freak injuries like a come-backer ricocheting off a pitching hand. That's just pure dumb (un)luck. That being said, you guys took advantage of the situation (i.e. the Cavs taking advantage of the suspension of Green in game 4 of the NBA finals), and won it all so congratulations. Now I should probably listen to my wife's suggestion and just "let it go". :)

Regarding the original topic, I may be a Browns fan, but I"m a realist as well, and I'm pretty sure if my grandma had been under center for the '86 Bears they could have taken the Browns this past year. My Grandma would have also had a better chance of not getting injured. :roll:

Return to “Other Media”