Worst Movies of 2016!

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Steve

Re: Worst Movies of 2016!

Postby Steve » February 27th, 2017, 11:09 am

I am, and always will be, puzzled by the hatred directed at Batman Vs. Superman. It seems like if a movie is not universally acclaimed, it is universally panned - there is no middle of the road. I would agree that there are some things that bring the movie down to less than perfect but what superhero/summer action movie is perfect? To me, Deadpool was more of a disappointment. Not for anything specific but just because it didn't seem as great as the hype made it out to be. Personally, with regard to Batman Vs. Superman, I hated the Lex Luthor character and was equally unimpressed by Jesse Eisenberg's performance but there are very few other grievances I can think of. I didn't really like how angry Batman was with Superman but that was more of a plot point than an issue with the quality of the movie. I actually liked this movie enough to purchase it.....something I rarely do. I actually prefer Man of Steel as well as some of the Christian Bale/Christopher Nolan Batman movies over this but I just don't agree that it was so awful. It's the same with videogames lately......average or even slightly above average is now seen as garbage and/or a failure.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » February 27th, 2017, 11:36 am

I went to the movies one time this year because just about everything looked sucky or unappealing. I am very picky though. I went and saw Hacksaw Ridge in the theater and thought it was excellent!

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 13th, 2017, 1:34 am

Alucard1191 wrote:My oh my... yes, I'll nominate Batman vs. Superman as well... that was genuinely awful. Probably the worse film I've seen in a long, long time. I'm glad the critic thought Lex Luthor was awful, I agree whole heartedly. It was from the same guy that did Watchmen, and he f***** that movie up really really bad as well.

I also HATE Watchmen as well, as it also suffers many of the same problems as Batman vs. Superman which explains as Zack Snyder aka Hack Snyder is behind both movies. His movies are basically like god awful Acclaim Entertainment/LJN Movie license games. Because Batman vs. Superman reminds me of a terrible Acclaim Entertainment/LJN Movie license game turned into a movie. And to make the infamous cheesy fight scene of Batman and Superman fighting each other even cheesier, you play music from Acclaim Entertainment license garbage such as this song!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmlc7Q55nlU

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 13th, 2017, 1:40 am

ESauce wrote:
I tried watching Batman v Superman on HBO. Twice. I could not get through it. It's not just the worst movie of the year, it's one of the worst movies I've ever seen. It makes Batman and Robin look like Citizen Kane.

Now that is sad, because at least Batman and Robin is a so bad its funny movie, Batman v Superman is so terrible you want to become the Angry Video Game Nerd saying "Batman v Superman, it sucked back then, and it sucks forever!" Because of how terrible this film is! And if you want the worst possible crossover Batman v Superman/Ghostbusters 2016/Zoolander 2/Mighty No. 9/No Man's Sky, it can become the ultimate clusterf**k of all time!

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » March 13th, 2017, 9:39 am

Sonicx9 wrote:I also HATE Watchmen as well, as it also suffers many of the same problems as Batman vs. Superman which explains as Zack Snyder aka Hack Snyder is behind both movies. His movies are basically like god awful Acclaim Entertainment/LJN Movie license games. Because Batman vs. Superman reminds me of a terrible Acclaim Entertainment/LJN Movie license game turned into a movie. And to make the infamous cheesy fight scene of Batman and Superman fighting each other even cheesier, you play music from Acclaim Entertainment license garbage such as this song!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmlc7Q55nlU

Sonicx9 wrote:Now that is sad, because at least Batman and Robin is a so bad its funny movie, Batman v Superman is so terrible you want to become the Angry Video Game Nerd saying "Batman v Superman, it sucked back then, and it sucks forever!" Because of how terrible this film is! And if you want the worst possible crossover Batman v Superman/Ghostbusters 2016/Zoolander 2/Mighty No. 9/No Man's Sky, it can become the ultimate clusterf**k of all time!

On the doll, can you show us where Batman vs. Superman touched you?

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 13th, 2017, 11:45 am

velcrozombie wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:I also HATE Watchmen as well, as it also suffers many of the same problems as Batman vs. Superman which explains as Zack Snyder aka Hack Snyder is behind both movies. His movies are basically like god awful Acclaim Entertainment/LJN Movie license games. Because Batman vs. Superman reminds me of a terrible Acclaim Entertainment/LJN Movie license game turned into a movie. And to make the infamous cheesy fight scene of Batman and Superman fighting each other even cheesier, you play music from Acclaim Entertainment license garbage such as this song!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmlc7Q55nlU

Sonicx9 wrote:Now that is sad, because at least Batman and Robin is a so bad its funny movie, Batman v Superman is so terrible you want to become the Angry Video Game Nerd saying "Batman v Superman, it sucked back then, and it sucks forever!" Because of how terrible this film is! And if you want the worst possible crossover Batman v Superman/Ghostbusters 2016/Zoolander 2/Mighty No. 9/No Man's Sky, it can become the ultimate clusterf**k of all time!

On the doll, can you show us where Batman vs. Superman touched you?

What do you mean on "On the doll, can you show us where Batman vs. Superman touched you?" the only thing I like about this infamous movie was the Wonder Woman actress being hot and sexy, everything else is god awful!

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » March 13th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:What do you mean on "On the doll, can you show us where Batman vs. Superman touched you?" the only thing I like about this infamous movie was the Wonder Woman actress being hot and sexy, everything else is god awful!

It's a joke. The idea is that you seem to loathe this movie as much as if you had been sexually molested by it (and that since this didn't happen, your reaction is an overreaction). In other words,

Stalvern wrote:Why are you so angry about these movies, Sonicx9? Why are you still angry about them in 2017?

What's stopping you from getting over the existence of a bad movie? It's been nearly a full year since Dawn of Justice was released, and you're still frothing at the mouth over it as hard as you can. It's not healthy, it's not appropriate, and it's extremely unpleasant to see.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » March 16th, 2017, 5:59 pm

I guess I'm one of the few that didn't think Batman Vs. Superman was all that bad. I watched it at home on DVR with pretty low expectations, but it was actually better than I was expecting. Was it great? No. There was plenty wrong with it, actually. But I was just surprised that they were able to sort of 'make sense' of why Superman and Batman would be at odds.

I was disappointed by the Ghost Busters reboot; again, not as bad as I thought it would be but it wasn't good by any stretch. It definitely wasn't as good as Batman vs. Superman :-)

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 16th, 2017, 7:05 pm

C64_Critic wrote:I guess I'm one of the few that didn't think Batman Vs. Superman was all that bad. I watched it at home on DVR with pretty low expectations, but it was actually better than I was expecting. Was it great? No. There was plenty wrong with it, actually. But I was just surprised that they were able to sort of 'make sense' of why Superman and Batman would be at odds.

I was disappointed by the Ghost Busters reboot; again, not as bad as I thought it would be but it wasn't good by any stretch. It definitely wasn't as good as Batman vs. Superman :-)

You enjoyed Batman Vs. Superman , so more power to you, because I can not Afghanistan this infamous movie after watching it with my family via a redbox rental from last year. And for Ghostbusters 2016, do not get me started as this movie also haunts me as the worst reboot of a beloved franchise, it makes the infamous Bomberman Act Zero reboot on Xbox 360 look good by comparison!

Luigi & Peach

Postby Luigi & Peach » March 17th, 2017, 10:04 am

Much like the C64 Critic didn't think Batman vs Superman was that bad, i really didn't think the Ghostbusters reboot was that bad. Is it different from the original? Yes. Does it have entertainment value? That's open to your own opinion, but I personally found it to be pretty good. I think a lot of people's opinions are based upon preconceived notions going into the film. It's going to be hard to like a film if you go into it comparing it head to head against the original.

Return to “Other Media”