Would Sony make another handheld

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
scotland

Would Sony make another handheld

Postby scotland » February 20th, 2017, 3:29 pm

This 2015 patent is making the rounds, showing a handheld design that brings to mind the new Switch. If the Switch does well, looks like Sony might consider another go.

http://www.techradar.com/news/is-this-sonys-playstation-answer-to-the-nintendo-switch

Rookie1

Re: Would Sony make another handheld

Postby Rookie1 » February 22nd, 2017, 9:33 am

The PSP was pretty solid if you ask me. It was the best contender in the market in the last 20+ years. The Vita, however, yuck. I dont know what they were thinking with that?

The only problem I see is price and battery life. I have no doubt Sony could push out a handheld that could match the PS4 pro in terms of specs, but it would probably be $1000 and the battery life would be about 5 minutes.

Im going to go out on a limb and say that what people want now. Its a fast paced world we live in, and being on the go with a fully powered console in your hands would kill. Will the Switch fill that gap? I dunno. I think the Nintendo name works against that as much as it works for it.

Herschie

Re: Would Sony make another handheld

Postby Herschie » February 27th, 2017, 12:59 pm

I hope so. Now that I'm working full-time, I don't have all the time in the world to give all my console games the TLC I used to give them. I find myself bringing my Vita to work so that I can sneak in a game of The Show on my lunch.

Return to “Modern Gaming”