Way Of The Warrior on 3DO

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
TheBlondeGamePunk3

Way Of The Warrior on 3DO

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » March 1st, 2017, 10:47 am

Having played an awful Mortal Kombat clone called Kasumi Ninja, And seeing a review by TheVideoGameCritic for Way Of The Warrior I am seeing for myself just how bad the game really is.

As A "Punk" gamer who tries any kind of game regardless of how good or bad it is, I'm going to likely play it from start to finish and then try to play with a friend to see how they react and if one of us is better than the other in this "awful game" ;)

Sut

Re: Way Of The Warrior on 3DO

Postby Sut » March 1st, 2017, 1:27 pm

Hey if your into bad fighting games have your tried Slaughter Sport on the Mega Drive / Genesis ?
Absolutely terrible despite a promising premise and interesting characters.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » March 1st, 2017, 6:06 pm

3DO has some of the best terrible fighting games ever. They are in the "so bad its good" realm. Makes me want to hook mine up and play this game.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » March 1st, 2017, 9:30 pm

This game will always be such a guilty pleasure for me. It's the videogame equivalent of watching a film like Ninja III: The Domination or Death Stalker.

It's crazy to think that this was made by the legendary Naughty Dog studios. Then again it actually isn't. In some ways the game comes very close to being the best of Mortal Kombat clones...it has some really great ideas. However, it's just a tad too sloppy and the controls aren't as polished/refined as they need to be.

Somewhere in my travels I purchased a SNES controller adapter for my 3DO which let me use my SNES controller with the system. It made such a huge difference with Way of the Warrior. I went from sucking, to being able to finish the game with ease. Not sure where I bought that thing or if they're easy to track down...but I'd highly recommend one.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » March 2nd, 2017, 10:14 am

JustLikeHeaven wrote:Somewhere in my travels I purchased a SNES controller adapter for my 3DO which let me use my SNES controller with the system. It made such a huge difference with Way of the Warrior. I went from sucking, to being able to finish the game with ease. Not sure where I bought that thing or if they're easy to track down...but I'd highly recommend one.

Dang, had no idea those existed. Just check though, and they are way pricey. Would be cheaper just to get one of the 6 button controllers they put out.,

Rod

Postby Rod » March 2nd, 2017, 12:10 pm

I remember I was really excited the first time I saw this game, but I confess it was much more because of the White Zombie soundtrack than anything else. I also recall I found the characters to be pretty silly, as well as feeling nauseated with the choppy animation. Anyway, it was interesting, maybe more interesting than the awful Survival Arts, which could be played in the arcades. That's some awful piece of crap, but it is interesting to play for some good laughs.

Verm3

Postby Verm3 » March 2nd, 2017, 2:56 pm

If you haven't already brought the game, Way of the Warrior may well be one of the few (only?) 3DO games to feature region locking.

I have an NTSC 3DO console and a PAL copy of Way of the Warrior. On start up the game tells me that I don't have a PAL console and won't let me play it as a result.

TheBlondeGamePunk3

Postby TheBlondeGamePunk3 » March 3rd, 2017, 2:56 pm

Before I got Way Of The Warrior, I thought I had seen it all with a game called Shadow: War of Succession, That game's awful controls reminded me a lot of Kasumi Ninja on Atari Jaguar but Shadow lowered the bar to even more stunning lows with it's horrific controls, Shockingly bad "animation" of the fighters and pathetic "balance".

The Genesis game mentioned I don't know about, I never really heard of it but now that you mention it I will try it out after Way Of The Warrior, Then.. It's time to take on War Gods, Bio F.R.E.A.K.S. and Fighter's Destiny 2. Surely they can't be as bad as many say they are.. 8-) 8-)

Return to “Now Playing”