Tablet and Keyboard Recommendations?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
DaHeckIzDat

Tablet and Keyboard Recommendations?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » March 7th, 2017, 9:22 pm

I've been thinking for a while about buying one of those cheap $100 tablets with a keyboard. It might be a good way to be able to write while I'm not at home without having to lug my laptop around with me. So far I've been using an Alphasmart for that (basically, a keyboard with a little screen) and that's worked fine, but with one of these I'd be able to type directly into the online file rather than have to hook it up to the computer via cable and transfer it over manually.

So, anybody know anything about this? Have a specific brand to recommend?

BlasteroidAli

Re: Tablet and Keyboard Recommendations?

Postby BlasteroidAli » March 8th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Okay I have the kindle fire .. the last gen whatever it is. You should look to get a blue tooth key board. I would suggest going for blue tooth 4.0. I have a keyboard that I can take anywhere. Next up storage has to be minimum 16Gb and 2Gb onboard ram. The problem with the amazon tablet is everything has to be amazon.. you get it .. you have to get prime. It does not have word.. nor the google variant. I have the 8gig one and it is good for studying. Amazon Fire 7 8 gig, 1 gig ram. says it does 720p playback. c plus to a B

I have a tesco hudl 2. It is manufactured by pegatron. It has been discontinued by Tesco which is a same as it truly is a wonderful machine. 2 gig on board, 16 gig, blue tooth 4.. i have a keyboard with it... it is a bit bulky at 8 inches but it is great. I do not take it out with me much but... b plus to an a

In the US... maybe a samsung... I would like to get a nexus sometime... I would love an apple but they are too expensive. even the mini is out of my price range..

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » March 10th, 2017, 12:17 pm

I ended up ordering this one. I'll let you know what I think when it gets here. http://www.walmart.com/ip/53990867

MoarRipter

Postby MoarRipter » March 12th, 2017, 1:25 am

BlasteroidAli wrote:Okay I have the kindle fire .. the last gen whatever it is. You should look to get a blue tooth key board. I would suggest going for blue tooth 4.0. I have a keyboard that I can take anywhere. Next up storage has to be minimum 16Gb and 2Gb onboard ram. The problem with the amazon tablet is everything has to be amazon.. you get it .. you have to get prime. It does not have word.. nor the google variant. I have the 8gig one and it is good for studying. Amazon Fire 7 8 gig, 1 gig ram. says it does 720p playback. c plus to a B

It's quite simple and safe to load the Google Play store on the Kindle Fire. Doesn't even require rooting it. Instructions are readily available online and updates won't break it.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » March 12th, 2017, 2:59 pm

DaHeckIzDat wrote:I ended up ordering this one. I'll let you know what I think when it gets here. http://www.walmart.com/ip/53990867

I picked one of those up for my mom and dad 2 years ago. I got the android version for my dad and the windows 10 version for my mom. My dads worked great, but my moms came with a fried battery that only lasts maybe 45 minutes tops. Ended up giving it to my son and hes loves it.

I picked up this for myself a few weeks ago as my giant a$$ laptop was a pain in the butt to drag around with me. Just need it for basic things like school work and internet. I absolutely love it.

https://www.amazon.com/NuVision-Touchsc ... s=nuvision

I picked up this case/keyboard for it, and it works like a champ. Not perfect, but it gets the job done.

https://www.amazon.com/Tsmine-Nuvision- ... EE6FWDXKJZ

Return to “Other Media”