Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 11th, 2017, 10:20 pm

Not sure what to make of this. You can bump into ghosts without dying? Press a button to return to a safe space? Seems like the object is no longer survival, but to rack up the most points in five minutes. The game is super fast and hard to control.

Three arcade games are included with the package: Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga. This are just like the arcade down to the cabinet art. Not a bad bonus but I already own these 10 times over. Also, I noticed there was no way to easily switch between the four games.

Sonicx9

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (PS4)

Postby Sonicx9 » March 11th, 2017, 10:41 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Not sure what to make of this. You can bump into ghosts without dying? Press a button to return to a safe space? Seems like the object is no longer survival, but to rack up the most points in five minutes. The game is super fast and hard to control.

Three arcade games are included with the package: Pac-Man, Dig Dug, and Galaga. This are just like the arcade down to the cabinet art. Not a bad bonus but I already own these 10 times over. Also, I noticed there was no way to easily switch between the four games.

Critic, not totally related with the game you are talking about, but in your recent tweet, you say that one of your many cats is fascinated with the game! https://twitter.com/videogamecritic/sta ... 2232649729 I find that very cute because I love cats, and it is great to see that one of your many pet cats is fascinated by one of your games! LOL!

eneuman96

Re: Pac-Man Championship Edition 2 (PS4)

Postby eneuman96 » March 12th, 2017, 12:17 am

Pac-Man Championship Edition DX for PS3 and Xbox 360, though download-only, is superior to this one due to the gameplay feeling smoother in general. It's similarly speedy, but you die in one hit as opposed to however many it takes in this one, and eating a long line of ghosts feels a lot more satisfying due to not being automated. I'd even consider it to be one of the best download-only games ever made, for what it's worth.

Return to “Now Playing”