2017/3/20: Dreamcast: Fighting Vipers 2 (Japan)

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2017/3/20: Dreamcast: Fighting Vipers 2 (Japan)

Postby VideoGameCritic » March 20th, 2017, 5:14 pm

This Fighting Vipers isn't much different from the original, but maybe that's not really a bad thing.
Comments?

Sonicx9

Re: 2017/3/20: Dreamcast: Fighting Vipers 2 (Japan)

Postby Sonicx9 » March 20th, 2017, 8:00 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:This Fighting Vipers isn't much different from the original, but maybe that's not really a bad thing.
Comments?

Critic, both of your Fighting Vipers reviews where well done, and for the two games, I do prefer the second game more, but that just me as both are worthwhile.

About the branching stages, you are not alone, I can never figure that out ever as well, heck even gamefaqs.com does not have info on that feature mentioned in guides to begin with. The only info I found that is if you do not have the PAL/EU versions manual is that acording to one of the gamefaqs reviews, "although depending on how well you do inn a particular round you may take a different “branch”." Is what it might mean, but it is still not very clear on how it works?

Also related and worth mentioning with this game, and the first game, Hoeny aka Candy in the second game where the popular Japanese French Maid outfits, which are common in many Japanese Anime/Manga/Japanese made Video Games, along with it being used in the popular Maid Cafes in Japan, which are often common in the Akihabara region of Tokyo Japan. And critic, you will for sure like maid cafes as it has cute/hot anime style chicks that are Kawaii to the max! (note: Kawaii is cute in Japanese.)

Because of doing the reviews for Fighting Vipers 1 and 2, it also might be a good idea to take another look at Fighters Megamix for the Sega Saturn again someday because it is somewhat of a spin off of the Fighting Vipers with characters from other Sega Fighting Games/Non Fighting Games alike, and also related is Sonic the Fighters, a Sonic Fighting Game Spin-Off also has relationship with the Fighting Vipers series with more info here.: http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic_the_Fighters, which is available on the Sonic Gems Collection on the GameCube.

And for the first Fighting Vipers game, along with Fighters Megamix, it would be a good idea to track down the Japanese versions of both games because of the extra content in both Japanese versions along with the Japanese versions being uncensored. But for the first game, you get an extra character called Pepsi Man, that should be a good enough reason for critic to track down the Japanese version, as the character is cool looking and does look like something from Super Sentai aka Power Rangers for the westerners.

Here is a sample of the commercials/Japanese game play featuring Pepsi Man in Fighting Vipers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhCm0R9aSKI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=autrrmHH3TU

It can either be a separate review for both Fighting Vipers 1 and Fighters Megamix the Japanese version, or it can update the main reviews with notes so people will be aware of the differences if it is only minor diffrences?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » March 20th, 2017, 8:53 pm

Is that supposed to be "showcase" in the first sentence?

Kajicat

Postby Kajicat » March 21st, 2017, 6:19 pm

Stalvern wrote:Is that supposed to be "showcase" in the first sentence?

:lol: I noticed that too.

SOMEONE CALL THE EDITOR, PRONTO.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 22nd, 2017, 9:53 am

Kajicat wrote:
Stalvern wrote:Is that supposed to be "showcase" in the first sentence?

:lol: I noticed that too.

SOMEONE CALL THE EDITOR, PRONTO.

LOL!

Return to “Review Feedback”