Nintendo Switch Game Wishlist

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
JustLikeHeaven

Nintendo Switch Game Wishlist

Postby JustLikeHeaven » April 23rd, 2017, 9:14 pm

So with the Switch coming hot out of the gate the big question now is, "What games will get published on this thing". So far it's been a mix of Nintendo stuff, re-releases, and indie ports. Not bad, but I'm sure we're all hoping that companies are hopping on board because that will, in the end, make the console the best it can be.

I wrote an article about this over on my website, https://wolfmanslounge.com/2017/04/23/wishlist-5-nintendo-switch-games/, but I'll give you guys the shortlist here:

5. Earthbound Legacy Collection

4. Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles 2

3. New Super Metroid

2. Pokemon Console version

1. Something big bold and new that we've never seen before!

So what are you hoping to see on the Switch?

scotland

Re: Nintendo Switch Game Wishlist

Postby scotland » April 23rd, 2017, 9:42 pm

I would suggest the Bayonetta franchise should be continued as a Switch exclusive. Also build up Luigis Mansion franchise.

There is also the opportunity to use the two player console-on-the-go idea. Unfortunately, for all its sticker price, it lacks GPS, so that sort of hamstrings using any location based elements. Thats a shame, as Pokemon Go shows lots of potential for any sort of virtual scavenger hunt idea. Maybe create a new version of Duck Hunt or Punch Out with those joycons?

I get Ninty uses old IPs, as its like casting a big name movie star in your summer blockbuster. Its just they need to see their whole stable of talent, like Wario, and see if that might inspire some ideas.

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » April 23rd, 2017, 10:43 pm

If the rumor is somehow true, that From Software has managed to get Dark Souls 3 running on Switch, I'd kill for the rumored trilogy! Dark Souls on the go?! Yes, please! I'd buy the system tomorrow!

I don't want the Switch to be a dumping ground for lazy ports and iOS games. I would like to see Nintendo take real steps towards earning back the third-party community in a meaningful way. I want the stellar first party content (I'd honestly rather have a new Punch Out than a new Smash Brothers, but I know that I'm in the minority). I want to see Nintendo go big with the Virtual Console, and somehow convince Sega to invest their resources. How killer would a true Virtual Console be, one that had Sega CD, 32X, Saturn (impossible, but a man can dream), and Dreamcast games. They could reach out to Atari and figure out a way to release games from their entire history. Would it happen? Not a chance; but it's my wishlist!

I just want a great console that is recognized as such.

Tron

Postby Tron » May 2nd, 2017, 9:05 pm

Advance Wars

I would buy a Switch for just that game alone.

Normally I would say Fire Emblem as well, but I couldn't get into Conquest.

LoganRuckman

Postby LoganRuckman » May 3rd, 2017, 12:20 am

F-Zero NX and a Paper Mario in the style of the first two, please.

scotland

Postby scotland » May 9th, 2017, 2:04 pm

Story about Nintendo pressuring 3rd party developers to get Switch games out as soon as possible to bolster the library. Look for more buggy releases in the short term. Guess Nintendo gave up on that philosophy of better delayed than buggy.

http://www.thewolfhall.com/third-party-devs-asked-rush-games-nintendo-switch/

Return to “Modern Gaming”