Patreon for the VGC?

General and high profile video game topics.
Rev

Re: Patreon for the VGC?

Postby Rev » May 12th, 2017, 8:10 pm

I don't think Patreon is a bad idea - for one, it would give people the chance to support you and your site and no punishment for those that do not support you. Honestly, it's just a fancier and more consistent donate button that people are more likely to use.

GTS

Postby GTS » May 12th, 2017, 8:20 pm

How much for a re-review?

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 12th, 2017, 9:27 pm

Thanks for the feedback Rev.

GTS: That's not a bad idea! I get requests for re-reviews quite often.

Gentlegamer: I wasn't seriously considering Bill's list, I was just using it to help generate some ideas.

Rev

Postby Rev » May 13th, 2017, 11:39 am

Usually for patreon things are broken into two categories- how much people donate on a consistent basis (like a dollar a month vs ten a month) as well as total amount you receive (by getting thirty a month from your subscribers you can add ______ to your site or you could do _____ for your supporters. They aren't always the same but you might consider thinking of some benefits to people who donate as well things you can promise to do with the funds as you meet certain tiers.

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » May 13th, 2017, 7:08 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:Gentlegamer: I wasn't seriously considering Bill's list, I was just using it to help generate some ideas.

The fact that you would seriously consider getting on hipster welfare is a joke in itself.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » May 14th, 2017, 11:06 am

snakeboy wrote:How about...

1000$ - VGC will come to your home and will discuss video games while giving you a foot rub.

It's just a thought..

Wow, he's been charging me $1500 for this same service for years! Although to be fair, he also bathes and powders my feet after the massage.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 14th, 2017, 1:47 pm

Scott didn't we have a talk about keeping certain things on the down-low?! Sheesh!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 23rd, 2017, 7:10 pm

Well I went ahead and created a Patreon page in case anyone wants to make a monthly contribution.
https://www.patreon.com/videogamecritic

I figured it was worth a shot!

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » May 30th, 2017, 5:27 pm

Well, the Patreon thing hasn't been a total bust (I was half expecting $0). So far it's up to $5.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not one to turn down five bucks!
However I'm REALLY hoping I can make it to the $20/mo mark, which would basically amount to a free game per month.

Please consider contributing if you want to keep the site going strong!
And thank you to the five kind souls who have pitched in so far!

Note: I don't ask moderators to be patrons since they already contribute so much of their valuable time to this site.

Zachwave

Postby Zachwave » June 2nd, 2017, 6:21 pm

Been lurking the site for years, always made me either say out loud how wrong your opinion was or how right it was.

Jokes aside, keep up the good work. No expectations. Will cover the difference until maybe more pitch in.

Never browsed the forums, and Im not big into jumping in a well established community; just wanted to chime in and say keep up the good work (see above).

Edit: A behind the scenes journal monthly or bi-weekly would be fantastic. I'm sure you've probably explained your thought process and endeavors throughout the forums but I will be honest, I am probably not going to sift and lurk old threads that span almost decades. My opinion is to keep things light, straight to the point and not change much at all. Have fun.

Return to “Video Games General”