Worst Songs From Your Favorite Bands?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Tron

Re: Worst Songs From Your Favorite Bands?

Postby Tron » May 5th, 2017, 10:59 pm

I loved the songs £ Ordinary World and Come Undone £ by Duran Duran so I bought the cd. I hated every other song on the cd cept for those two.

I loved the song £ Under the Bridge £ by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Bought the cassette when I was kid and hated the rest of the songs. I loved dancing with the girls in jr. high dances to Under the Bridge. It was smooth and mellow. I figured the other songs would be like Toad the Wet Sprocket. Instead it was more like Beastie Boys.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » May 6th, 2017, 3:19 pm

Tron wrote:I loved the songs £ Ordinary World and Come Undone £ by Duran Duran so I bought the cd. I hated every other song on the cd cept for those two.

I loved the song £ Under the Bridge £ by the Red Hot Chili Peppers. Bought the cassette when I was kid and hated the rest of the songs. I loved dancing with the girls in jr. high dances to Under the Bridge. It was smooth and mellow. I figured the other songs would be like Toad the Wet Sprocket. Instead it was more like Beastie Boys.

This is "Worst songs from your favorite bands" not the other way around.

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » May 12th, 2017, 9:47 pm

Last Cigarette by Bon Jovi.

twilighthotel

Postby twilighthotel » May 13th, 2017, 9:27 am

Van Halen: Ballot or the Bullet
AC/DC: Satellite Blues
Aerosmith: Taste of India

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » May 13th, 2017, 4:08 pm

Van is a metal acapella. I'm not usually one to go for something just because it's different, but VC is different and good. That said, their cover of Master of Puppets is terrible.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » May 15th, 2017, 12:27 am

Getting some oldies into this topic, here are two of my worsts songs from some of my favorite performers. Great songs if you listen to the version that made it popular initially, but alas, not by these artists.

I Will Follow Him by Petula Clark (Reached the top of the Billboard Hot 100 in 1963 with 15 year old Little Peggy March, which is one of my favorite songs.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SZrpEYhIf_k

Chapel of Love by The Beach Boys (This 1976 release was horrible and easily the group's worst effort, but the 1964 version by the Dixie Cups was great and a #1 hit, knocking the Beatles off the top of the Hot 100 chart.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5Ov3yRiihM

Disappointing, especially the first one. It should've been a perfect match if Petula Clark had stuck to her signature style, but she instead sounds like a nightclub singer in some sleazy basement somewhere.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » June 1st, 2017, 7:23 pm

It's never easy to slag these bands, but here goes nothin'

Black Sabbath's "Breakout" off the Never Say Die album. Horns on a sabbath song???? No thanks, guys. No wonder Ozzy refused to lay down vocals on this one. This one should have never made it out of the rehearsal studio, much less appear on an album. 2/10

Metallica's "Invisible Kid" off the much maligned St. Anger album. Bad production. Go nowhere riffs. And an uncharacteristically mediocre vocal peformance by James Hetfield. This song is also way too long and makes my ears hurt after awhile.

Megadeth's "The Doctor is Calling" off the RIsk album. Just flat out boring. I rarely ever listen to this one whenever I throw on this album. Actually, now that I think of it, I rarely ever listen to Risk in it's entirety anyway. Usually, I'll listen to the first three songs, skip over the rest, and listen to the last two.

Not a very good album and by far their weakest effort.

Return to “Other Media”