Destiny 2 is 30 FPS regardless for the consoles WTH!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Destiny 2 is 30 FPS regardless for the consoles WTH!

Postby Sonicx9 » May 20th, 2017, 6:55 pm

This is sad, it has been confirmed that the PS4/Xbox One/PS4 Pro/Xbox Scorpio version of Destiny 2 is 30 FPS regardless!: http://www.usgamer.net/articles/destiny ... n-consoles I know the reason why the first game was only 30 FPS on consoles was because of the PS3/Xbox 360 versions of the first game.: http://www.cinemablend.com/games/Destin ... 64733.html, but considering that PS3/Xbox 360 are not a thing for Destiny 2 this time around. This is very inexcusable, especially considering two of the best looking 8th Gen/PC in mind games like Titanfall 2 and Doom 2016 which are both native 1080P via dynamic resolution on base console systems, not counting Pro/S/Scorpio SKUs. Either the developers are lazy (which is possible) or that the base PS4/Xbox One where dated on Arrival to begin with. And I thought games being only developed only for 8th Gen/PC would have less issues like more consistent 60FPS/1080P games, etc. But this is not relay the case! I calling it in another year or 2 we will see PS4 Pro/Xbox Scorpio exclusive games when the install base gets bigger/demand gets larger. But on the positive side the PC version is native 60FPS! Thoughts on this?

ptdebate

Re: Destiny 2 is 30 FPS regardless for the consoles WTH!

Postby ptdebate » May 20th, 2017, 11:44 pm

Destiny 2 is not the same type of game as Titanfall 2. It is an open-world action RPG, which is much more taxing on hardware than a multiplayer deathmatch. Also, there are plenty of games on PS4 and Xbox One that are locked to 30fps. Compared to current technology, those are very weak systems. It should be no surprise that current PCs can wipe the floor with them in terms of performance.

Rookie1

Postby Rookie1 » May 21st, 2017, 6:52 am

To be fair, we dont know what it will run at on the Scorpio. Rumor has it that it will be able to run at 60fps on that console thanks to upgraded hardware, and Microsoft has given them the green light to make the game better for the Scorpio than the Xbone.

zetax

Postby zetax » May 21st, 2017, 4:44 pm

The horror...

Don't buy it.

. . . . .

Sorry, smart*** reply, but you act like we deserve 60 fps, and anything less is a disaster. Is the game fun and not a buggy mess? 30 fps should be the least of our "worries."

More of a concern to me, does this one have a full-fledged stand-alone campaign? If I remember, the first one didn't

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » May 21st, 2017, 9:58 pm

zetax wrote:The horror...

Don't buy it.

. . . . .

Sorry, smart*** reply, but you act like we deserve 60 fps, and anything less is a disaster. Is the game fun and not a buggy mess? 30 fps should be the least of our "worries."

More of a concern to me, does this one have a full-fledged stand-alone campaign? If I remember, the first one didn't

I do nor want to act like a god awful PC Master Race nutjob. (I HATE them with a passion!) But my concerns is that the 8th Gen is far more under powered/behind the curve then we thought it is. I mean in the past older systems at launch where powerful enough for the console generation standards to be cuting edge. And in the next few years more was technically delivered for these consoles getting better looking/running games for the systems. But the 8th gen is polar opposite not only where they outdated from day 1. But instead of getting more out of theses systems over time. We are getting less out of them over time. I mean Star Wars: Battlefront 2015 was 900P on PS4 and 720P on Xbox One in the year 2015 of all time periods. I mean I can somewhat understand that Battlefield 4 and Hardline where those resolutions because of the Xbox 360/PS3 versions of those games. But Star Wars: Battlefront 2015 which is 100% developed with the PC/PS4/Xbox One in mind are both 900P/720P on both the PS4/Xbox One versions respectively which is laughable at best! And this is not the only examples of having trouble on 8th Gen in mind console games later in the lifespan. Tekken 7 is 900P on PS4 in the year 2017 which is absolutely EMBARRASSING!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0ZP9Elwvg8 How come Cross Gen/Handheld fighting games/remastered updated ports run in native 1080P 60FPS. But a Unreal Engine 4 8th Gen/PC in mind fighting game can not reach that in 2017 is WTH! And Pokkén Tournament on Wii U is sub 720P in the year 2016 is also WTH, when Super Smash Bros. 2014 aka for Nintendo 3DS and Wii U is native 1080P 60FPS on Wii U two years before a Wii U only in mind game ruining at lower native resolution two years later which is very inexcusable.

No wonder refresh consoles like the PS4 Pro/Xbox One Scorpio/Nintendo Switch came to be because the predecessors/base systems like PS4/Xbox One and especily Wii U where more behind the curve then we thought! No Wonder why people like me/Dave the Video Game Critic and Rich of ReviewTechUSA are so critical about this 8th Gen is because of the Dated on Arrival nature of these previous base systems at launch 4/5 years ago. But one thing that is going to happen in the next year or 2. We may start seeing pure PS4 Pro/Xbox One Scorpio in mind games, and later a Nintendo Switch that has near PS4 Pro specs when the time/demand is right mark my words.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » May 21st, 2017, 10:31 pm

I'm confident this will fall on deaf ears, be ignored, and somehow spun in a "I understand response".

There are trade offs with tech. Sure, they could do 1080p or even render at 4k. However, you'd have far fewer lighting effects or objects on screen. Cut down the resolution and you throw more objects on screen, better AI, fancier lighting, etc. You try to find a balance that works.

Demanding 1080p 60 FPS above other features such as split screen for example in my humble opinion is assine. I'd much rather play with a friend than be wowed for a few extra frames per second or better resolution. (I'm talking about Halo 5 in this case).

At the end of the day, is the game fun? Better resolution won't make a darn bit of difference in that regard.

ThePixelatedGenocide

Postby ThePixelatedGenocide » May 22nd, 2017, 2:40 am

By the logic in this post, by 1985, the year Super Mario Bros was released, we should have had 16 bit graphics and sampled sound in consoles in order to compete with the Amiga. The NES was just a criminally underpowered children's toy, and every parent who didn't have $500+ to blow on videogames hated their kids. By 1987, you could buy a 68000 in Japan, for over a grand. It was powerful enough for Capcom to use it to develop CPS arcade games.

How DARE console manufacturers in America expect us to be happy with just Punch-Out!? And then they give us a Genesis, Turbografx, and SNES, as a band-aid? No, the only console that wasn't a complete rip-off was the incredibly affordable Neo-Geo. How can you place a price on quality?

Gentlegamer

Postby Gentlegamer » May 22nd, 2017, 8:37 am

ActRaiser wrote:I'm confident this will fall on deaf ears, be ignored, and somehow spun in a "I understand response".

There are trade offs with tech. Sure, they could do 1080p or even render at 4k. However, you'd have far fewer lighting effects or objects on screen. Cut down the resolution and you throw more objects on screen, better AI, fancier lighting, etc. You try to find a balance that works.

Demanding 1080p 60 FPS above other features such as split screen for example in my humble opinion is assine. I'd much rather play with a friend than be wowed for a few extra frames per second or better resolution. (I'm talking about Halo 5 in this case).

At the end of the day, is the game fun? Better resolution won't make a darn bit of difference in that regard.

You can lower the resolution for split screen and keep 60 fps.

60 fps isn't just a few more frames per second over 30. It feels completely different. It is superior and should be the standard.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » May 22nd, 2017, 11:28 am

ThePixelatedGenocide wrote:By the logic in this post, by 1985, the year Super Mario Bros was released, we should have had 16 bit graphics and sampled sound in consoles in order to compete with the Amiga. The NES was just a criminally underpowered children's toy, and every parent who didn't have $500+ to blow on videogames hated their kids. By 1987, you could buy a 68000 in Japan, for over a grand. It was powerful enough for Capcom to use it to develop CPS arcade games.

How DARE console manufacturers in America expect us to be happy with just Punch-Out!? And then they give us a Genesis, Turbografx, and SNES, as a band-aid? No, the only console that wasn't a complete rip-off was the incredibly affordable Neo-Geo. How can you place a price on quality?

Let me tell you what I truly meant, the NES for console standards in late 1983 in Japan as the Famicom was ahead of the second gen consoles in raw power such as the Atari 2600 in raw power. If you saw the screenshot of Pac Man.: https://r.mprd.se/fup/up/91465-Pac-Man_(1982)_(Atari,_Tod_Frye_-_Sears)_(CX2646_-_49-75185)-1.png and https://i.ytimg.com/vi/9rATr8DZJrc/hqdefault.jpg a night and day difference back in 1983/1984. And when you saw the Sega Master System for a shared game like Double Dragon NES vs Sega Master System.: https://r.mprd.se/media/images/55284-Double_Dragon_(USA)-1461034111.png and http://img2.game-oldies.com/sites/defau ... k=dPXumgwc. And when you saw the Turbografx 16 along with the Sega Genesis and SNES. They also had big visual jumps for the time. Back when you got new consoles in the past the visual jump/leap was noticeable. But when you went to the PS4/Xbox One, and especially the Wii U. It was the smallest visual jump for successor console compared to the past for crying out loud. And another sad thing is in older 2D consoles. The vast majority of the games ran at 60FPS. Where the PS4/Xbox One tend to handle 30FPS which is going backwards compared to the past consoles!

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » May 22nd, 2017, 1:24 pm

Sonicx9 wrote: But when you went to the PS4/Xbox One, and especially the Wii U. It was the smallest visual jump for successor console compared to the past for crying out loud. And another sad thing is in older 2D consoles. The vast majority of the games ran at 60FPS. Where the PS4/Xbox One tend to handle 30FPS which is going backwards compared to the past consoles!

Although FPS is arguably the most important factor in playability, there are other considerations such as image quality which separate the current software lineup from the "older consoles."

In terms of raw graphical power, the PS4 and Xbox One are a huge leap from the 7th generation. They have 16 times as much RAM and about 10 times the raw computing power (http://www.trustedreviews.com/opinions/sony-ps4-vs-ps3). We just don't see as much of a radical change because as computer graphics approach realism, there are diminishing returns with what, in human perception, constitutes an improvement.

Return to “Modern Gaming”