Anybody going to see Alien Covenant?

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
bigfriendly

Anybody going to see Alien Covenant?

Postby bigfriendly » May 15th, 2017, 5:02 am

I rarely go to the movies but I am considering going to see Alien Covenant. Anybody else gonna go?

matmico399

Re: Anybody going to see Alien Covenant?

Postby matmico399 » May 15th, 2017, 3:17 pm

I was a huge fan of the first three films, yes including the often mocked Alien 3. Alien Ressurection was horrible. This one looks hard to get excited about though...even with the great Ridley Scott directing.

bigfriendly

Postby bigfriendly » May 15th, 2017, 9:23 pm

I totally agree Alien Resurrection should just be forgotten about. My biggest complaint about Alien 3 was that they killed of Newt and Hicks from Aliens. Just seemed wrong to me after she hid all that time and was finally rescued from LV-426 to kill her off with little afterthought. I know many people didn't care for Prometheus but I really liked it. Sure it didn't have the traditional Zenomorph creatures that scare the heck out of us but I still enjoyed the story. Also like how it added questions and wonder with connecting some things from the original film to Prometheus.

Teddybear

Postby Teddybear » May 29th, 2017, 10:59 am

I caught Alien Covenant over the weekend - it was so-so. As a fan of the series who despises Prometheus I am happy that Covenant is steering the franchise back towards the loveable aliens that we are all familiar with. I will have high hopes for the next movie (which is supposed to seamlessly connect with the 1979 Alien movie).

I also dislike Alien 3 but over time have found a "Godfather III" type of appreciation for Alien Resurrection. The underwater scene is fantastic and it really proves once and for all that no corporation would be able to have these uncontrollable aliens in their "weapons division".

Rev

Postby Rev » May 29th, 2017, 9:26 pm

Saw this as well, I would agree that the movie is simply so-so. I honestly didn't despise Prometheus like many other people (as long as I think of it as not an alien movie) but I would agree this was a step in the right direction. Nothing great, but was a fun movie.

Return to “Other Media”