2008/10/5: Jaguar: Attack of the Mutant Penguins, Brain Dead 13 (CD), Evolution: Dino Dudes

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
Allpaul1

2008/10/5: Jaguar: Attack of the Mutant Penguins, Brain Dead 13 (CD), Evolution: Dino Dudes

Postby Allpaul1 » October 8th, 2008, 12:57 pm

Hey Critic, we've been discussing your Jag reviews over at Jaguar Sector II. It's a good, non "Screw The VGC!" discussion of your reviews. Thought you might want to check it out.

http://www.jaguarsector.com/index.php?showtopic=13391

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 8th, 2008, 5:24 pm

It's an interesting thread.  I find this line amusing: "I dunno personally, a reviewer shouldn't grade a game solely on how HE feels about a game."

Yeah, instead of giving an honest review based on my own personal experiences, I'll just check around the web to see what other people think, and then just regurgitate that! 

Give me a break people!!

Allpaul1

Postby Allpaul1 » October 8th, 2008, 7:28 pm

I got ya Critic. I just got a Jag and you haven't steered me wrong yet on new purchases. Keep the Jag reviews coming! Even for the people that hate it, they're always interesting and funny reads!

BTW, I know this is the wrong forum (off topic), but you heard of Black Ice White Noise for the Jaguar? That game was way ahead of it's time! I wish some skilled coder would finish this promising game. Maybe it would warrant a higher grade than the usual Atari games....

Gentleman_loser1

Postby Gentleman_loser1 » May 8th, 2012, 12:16 pm

I can agree with the Dino Dudes review, my main issue with it is the controls though. Don't have the CD attachment so I can't comment on Brain Dead 13.

But as for Mutant Penguins, it is one of my favourite Jag games! The action is fast paced, the graphics are bright and fun , the action can get pretty hectic, no slowdown issues.and I find the control pretty good, something which I find is often a problem with Jaguar games.

Am I the only one here who really enjoys this game? Just curious!

Astrosmasher1

Postby Astrosmasher1 » May 8th, 2012, 8:01 pm

I do not always agree with the critics reviews but at least he puts them out there.  At the end of the day for me this is the best vid game sites on the net.  As it understands there is history.  Its not just the current three machines and two handhelds...
Keep up the good work Dave.

Gentleman_loser1

Postby Gentleman_loser1 » May 9th, 2012, 4:15 am

Okay, lol, I wasn't trashing the Critic, I agree he does us all an awesome service I'm just wondering if anyone else agrees with me about this particular Jaguar game..Of the dozen I have tried so far, It's definitely in my top three...Cannon Fodder is number one....Penguins, probably #2..Number 3..hmm..either Flashback or Iron Soldier I guess...

Suplexmachine1

Postby Suplexmachine1 » May 9th, 2012, 10:28 pm

Not gonna' lie...I freakin' love Brain Dead 13!

Luigi & Peach

Re: 2008/10/5: Jaguar: Attack of the Mutant Penguins, Brain Dead 13 (CD), Evolution: Dino Dudes

Postby Luigi & Peach » June 4th, 2017, 3:15 pm

bluemonkey1 wrote:[QUOTE=BanjoPickles]Only one question, sir. Is Evolution Dino Dudes similar, gameplay-wise, to The Lost Vikings? If so, I may need to ignore your review because I LOVED the Lost Vikings!! It just seems similar in nature.
Yeah it's like it.  I owned the PC version - Humans.  It is an utterly fantastic game, a bit like a slower paced, prettier version of Lemmings with complete control over your underlings.  The art style was fantastic, not sure what the Critic is on about here and I never had any trouble deciphering what the symbols were.  However the Critic does prefer action titles, this is not an action title and was never billed as one.  One of my favourite games this.[/quote]

I stumbled across this review of Dino Dudes and thought it looked an awful lot like Humans for the Genesis! I only had the opportunity to rent it once when I was younger, but I really enjoyed it (I too really loved Lost Vikings). I kept an eye out for it at used game stores in my 20s when I had more time to play, but was never able to find it.

Return to “Review Feedback”