Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back announced for PS4/PC WTH!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back announced for PS4/PC WTH!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 8th, 2017, 4:00 pm

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/accolade-ret ... ack-ps4-pc

One word Noooooooooooo!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWaLxFIVX1s

And to add insult to injury the developer of the game made the well received Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams which could be good, but it is a wait and see! Thank god no Nintendo Switch port of the game. Please keep the Bubster off of Nintendo new console!
Last edited by Sonicx9 on June 8th, 2017, 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonicx9

Re: Bubsy: The Woolies Strike Back announced for PS4/PC WTH!

Postby Sonicx9 » June 8th, 2017, 6:54 pm

I am sure the critic will hate this with a passion!

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » June 8th, 2017, 8:37 pm

LOL :lol:

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » June 8th, 2017, 8:52 pm

I was coming to the site specifically to post a topic about this, and you totally beat me to it! Haha!

Between this and ShaqFu Reborn, I'm left a bit puzzled. Why would these companies go to the effort of reviving games/franchises that were never commercial, or critical, hits when there are so many hidden gems from that era that beg to be given the remake treatment! Clash At Demonhead, Faxanadu, Powerblade, Nightshade, 2D Ninja Gaiden (in the cinematic NES style), The Lost Vikings, Blackthorne, etc.

Rebooting an awful game/franchise just seems ridiculous to me!

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » June 8th, 2017, 9:38 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:I was coming to the site specifically to post a topic about this, and you totally beat me to it! Haha!

Between this and ShaqFu Reborn, I'm left a bit puzzled. Why would these companies go to the effort of reviving games/franchises that were never commercial, or critical, hits when there are so many hidden gems from that era that beg to be given the remake treatment! Clash At Demonhead, Faxanadu, Powerblade, Nightshade, 2D Ninja Gaiden (in the cinematic NES style), The Lost Vikings, Blackthorne, etc.

I agree 100%, both the original Bubsy series and ShaqFu are a big miserable little pile of secrets that should have been left to rot, not to come back from the dead!

I would much rather see a brand new Streets of Rage game get made on the Nintendo Switch in 1080P 60FPS with my favorite character from the series Blaze Fielding having her sexy awesome body rendered with modern HD grahpics, my Waifu!

velcrozombie

Postby velcrozombie » June 8th, 2017, 9:54 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:Between this and ShaqFu Reborn, I'm left a bit puzzled. Why would these companies go to the effort of reviving games/franchises that were never commercial, or critical, hits when there are so many hidden gems from that era that beg to be given the remake treatment! Clash At Demonhead, Faxanadu, Powerblade, Nightshade, 2D Ninja Gaiden (in the cinematic NES style), The Lost Vikings, Blackthorne, etc.

I get your point about wanting new versions of classic-but-overlooked games, but I feel that poorly-received are also good remake fodder - no one (except maybe DarkRage/Vexxer) is going to be angry if they screw this up, and since Bubsy was generic enough in the first place you could probably do just about anything with the franchise at this point. Besides, the developer (Black Forest Games) behind the new game has already done a well-received platformer called Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (itself a re-imagining of the Commodore 64 game The Great Giana Sisters).

Crummylion

Postby Crummylion » June 9th, 2017, 12:05 am

I noticed that this was developed by the same people behind Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. I didn't even look it up to figure it out, I just saw the trailer and the art direction is uncannily similar that it hurt.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » June 9th, 2017, 7:56 am

BanjoPickles wrote:I was coming to the site specifically to post a topic about this, and you totally beat me to it! Haha!

Cheaper to license, still recognizable, still will get media attention. May even get more attention. A forgotten game is just that: forgotten. Everyone remembers these games, even if they'd like to forget about 'em.

velcrozombie wrote:I get your point about wanting new versions of classic-but-overlooked games, but I feel that poorly-received are also good remake fodder - no one (except maybe DarkRage/Vexxer) is going to be angry if they screw this up, and since Bubsy was generic enough in the first place you could probably do just about anything with the franchise at this point. Besides, the developer (Black Forest Games) behind the new game has already done a well-received platformer called Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams (itself a re-imagining of the Commodore 64 game The Great Giana Sisters).

I agree.

Return to “Modern Gaming”