Favorite Jungle Levels?

General and high profile video game topics.
Retrology

Favorite Jungle Levels?

Postby Retrology » June 10th, 2017, 5:38 pm

It's hot, stinky and bug infested, so what better way to celebrate than to list the best jungle levels from video games?

I don't think this has been done before so I'll do the honors.

Paper Mario: Chapter 5: Right off the bat you have to cure a whale's stomach ache to travel to an island, save a bunch of Yoshi kids from the jungle, travel up a giant tree to talk to a giant Raven where you are granted access to a volcano, and then venture in one of the game's most intense moments. The boss and chase scene at the end are worth it alone.

Sonic 3: Angel Island Zone: A beautiful tropical jungle set on fire in the middle of gameplay.

Donkey Kong Country: Jungle Hijinx: The first level from a legendary franchise started it all, with many secrets hidden, awesome graphics and Rambi.

Halo Reach: All

Banjo Kazooie: Click Clock Wood: 4 seasons, drastically changing level design, musical notes being impossible to collect without dying. Classic.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Re: Favorite Jungle Levels?

Postby VideoGameCritic » June 10th, 2017, 10:02 pm

The one that sticks out for me is the very first stage of Crash Bandicoot for the original Playstation. The effect of moving into the lush jungle makes it look like you're being immersed in the foliage. One of the more impressive PS1 titles.

pacman000

Re: Favorite Jungle Levels?

Postby pacman000 » June 10th, 2017, 11:19 pm

N. Sanity Beach, tho I would've gone with the level where your chased by a boulder. Nice action there.

Crash Bandicoot is an impressive game. Did you know Naughty Dog violated their contract with Sony to make that game? They were supposed to use programming libraries written by Sony, but Naughty Dog's two programmers thought they could do a better job. Sony ignored that and released the game any because it was that good; when it was demoed people thought they were running it on Silicon Graphics workstations.

Return to “Video Games General”