Adam West Died

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
pacman000

Adam West Died

Postby pacman000 » June 10th, 2017, 12:10 pm

http://www.badmovies.org/forum/index.ph ... 9.html#new

Adam West, who played Batman on the 60's tv show of the same name died today. :(

scotland

Re: Adam West Died

Postby scotland » June 10th, 2017, 2:54 pm

That is a shame. My family still enjoys those shows, and watch several episodes just last night. Funko just came ojt with several new Batman 66 toys. Batman 66 was recently a several year run of DC comics too.

I know the show both made hkm famous and ruined his career until he basically was just Adam West playing Adam West. Even that was fun, such as being Catman on Fairy Odd Parents. Supposedly he was offered the role of James Bond in Diamonds are Forever, but turned it down.

Batmania may not have last long, but it presaged the geeky fanbase of firts Trek and then all sorts of shows and video games.

I don't know of a Batman video game based on that Batman either. The show could be a great video game too.

Tron

Postby Tron » June 11th, 2017, 1:17 am

RIP

scotland

Postby scotland » June 11th, 2017, 4:19 am

Beyond Batman, he also was in a memorable role in the original Outer Limits as Mars explorer Major Merritt in The Invisible Enemy. Spoiler alert for first half of the episode here - the enemy was not invisible so much as unseen for another reason. The whole episode is a lot like Jaws (only it came a decade earlier). If you've seen it, you'll remember Adam West stranded on a rock in the middle of shifting sands ordering his crewmate to lift off and abandon him.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » June 11th, 2017, 4:27 am

Who will be the new mayor of Quahog?

Return to “Other Media”