Beyond Good and Evil 2

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
DaHeckIzDat

Beyond Good and Evil 2

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 13th, 2017, 12:53 am

I've never played Beyond Good and Evil (I should really get on that), but even I know that Ubisoft announcing BGaE2 is on par with Valve announcing Half Life 3. Thing is, from what little I know of the first game, I'd probably peg it around the Jak 2, Jak 3, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess levels of maturity, which is why I was so surprised to hear these characters dropping the f-bomb every five seconds. I think it's pretty safe to say that it's going to be rated M. What do you guys make of this? Here's the trailer, if anyone missed it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAYN08YoaV8

Atariboy

Re: Beyond Good and Evil 2

Postby Atariboy » June 13th, 2017, 7:27 am

That's Beyond Good & Evil 2 in name only.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 13th, 2017, 9:56 am

With having a daughter now I was thinking eventually Beyond Good and Evil would be a good game to let her play.

BG&E2...um no.

All those F-bombs definitely soured any sort of positive impression it could have had.

Steve

Postby Steve » June 13th, 2017, 2:20 pm

I remember a string about obscene language in Rise of the Tomb Raider and to be honest, I don't recall noticing any harsh language. Maybe it was embedded into the game well enough not to call attention to it. However, with this trailer, it was all about the unnecessary amount of swearing and it REALLY took away from the trailer. I wonder if this would be in the final game? If it is, it would actually be a reason not to buy it. Besides being kind of offensive, it wasn't funny.

Return to “Modern Gaming”