SNES Classic Announced

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
GTS

Re: SNES Classic Announced

Postby GTS » June 26th, 2017, 6:04 pm

Boycott, boycott, boycott. After the way Nintendo treated the consumer with the NES mini, we should not reward their behavior by standing in line to buy another system. I'm serious.

Voor

Postby Voor » June 26th, 2017, 6:26 pm

I'm torn.

I got a NES Classic, but it was a major hassle, and I'm the end, I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. Sold it for a nice profit though.

I normally wouldn't want to go through that again, but.....Super Metroid and Yoshis Island and DKC. Those are in my top 6 games (Goldeneye, Mario 3, and Mario Kart 64 being the others.

my plan was to pick up a 2DSXL, and download Super Metroid and DKC, but as previously mentioned, Yoshis Island has never made it to the Virtual Console (I think some issuenwith thr FX chip). That makes it tempting.

In the end, I'm happier with a portable system, so I'll stick to watching Yoshi island speedruns to get my Yoshi fix. Lol. https://youtu.be/M-LrpZlQ9Gs

Now.....if I stumble across a friend whose down with some SF2 Turbo.....that changes everything.

If Nintendo pulls that trick with the 2.5 foot cord, people will lose their minds.

MoarRipter

Postby MoarRipter » June 26th, 2017, 7:18 pm

MoarRipter wrote:[Mod Edit: Qbert language] Nintendo. All the way.

:mrgreen: haha, the "Qbert language" thing got a real LOL out of me. Nicely done.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 26th, 2017, 8:19 pm

MoarRipter wrote:
DaHeckIzDat wrote:Not sure if I should be saying this, but I work in fraud prevention at the Walmart home office. Just recently they made the decision to no longer sell to bulk buyers or resellers, so you shouldn't have to worry about that on our end!

How do they intend to enforce that?

I only do online orders so I can't speak for in-store purchases, but we've been told that to simply cancel any and all bulk buyer/reseller online orders we see. They've finally decided that our deals are for the customers' benefit, not for somebody else to take advantage of and make a living off of, especially when that keeps REAL customers from getting that deal too. Our higher ups learned their lesson last Christmas with the Hatchimals fiasco lol.

lynchie137

Postby lynchie137 » June 26th, 2017, 9:36 pm

That is a very impressive list of games right there.

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » June 26th, 2017, 10:01 pm

Yeah, I'm torn between FU Nintendo and "Wow, that's a pretty good list of games." I've got most of them but Star Fox 2 looks golden. I'd kill for Terranigma as that was never released here.

If I ever see it in the wild I know I'd buy it. I see Switches all the time at Target. They seem to be in stock whenever I swing by the electronics department. But, I've yet to ever see a NES Classic.

If someone on here actually wants a Switch I'll pick it up, PM me and I can grab it the next time I go. They usually have them in stock. They were out this week but am guessing they'll be back in stock in a week or two.

C64_Critic

Postby C64_Critic » June 27th, 2017, 8:25 am

I'm sure all of the 15 - 20 people who actually get one will be thrilled. Look for Raspberry Pi sales to increase over the next few months.

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » June 27th, 2017, 4:40 pm

It's official, Nintendo is making a SNES mini.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -this-year

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technolo ... ar-BBDiw6x

Personally, I'd rather buy one of the licensed Sega Genesis clones w/built in games. They have a cartridge slot; Nintendon't. Starfox 2 sounds cool tho.

Not sure I mind Nintendo discontinuing the NES-Mini so soon; keeping supply low to keep up demand worked for Disney, tho Disney made it very clear you wouldn't get a another chance to buy The Little Mermaid if you didn't get it right then-and-there.

scotland

Postby scotland » June 27th, 2017, 5:52 pm

And here's a photo of the SNES Mini Classic

snes-mini_mini.jpg
snes-mini_mini.jpg (23.96 KiB) Viewed 2212 times

(Just kidding)

Voor

Postby Voor » June 27th, 2017, 6:53 pm

That pic reminded me of how seldom used our "eject" button was used. Kind of forgot it was there.

Return to “Classic Gaming”