Minion Hatred

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
DaHeckIzDat

Minion Hatred

Postby DaHeckIzDat » June 29th, 2017, 1:20 pm

So, with the new Despicable Me movie coming out soon (or is it already out?), I've noticed a lot of people just spewing white hot hatred at the minions, and I just don't get it. I mean, I get that they're overrated and freaking everywhere, but I don't think that justifies the level of rage I've seen them induce in some people. And for the record, I actually find them funny-- when used for their intended purpose. IE, in the Despicable Me movies (haven't seen The Minion Movie) where they belong. Are they top tier humor? No, but they're good for a giggle or two. So, what do you guys think about it? Do you share the hatred? What do you think makes people hate them like they do?

Stalvern

Re: Minion Hatred

Postby Stalvern » June 30th, 2017, 12:44 am

DaHeckIzDat wrote:overrated and freaking everywhere

There's your explanation. They're kinda cute for five minutes out of a 90-minute movie. They're insufferable as a fad infecting day-to-day life. But they'll never regain the saturation they had a few years ago, so it's a moot point.

Return to “Other Media”