Happy 20th Birthday, GoldenEye

General and high profile video game topics.
Breaker

Happy 20th Birthday, GoldenEye

Postby Breaker » August 27th, 2017, 3:52 am

I was mildly surprised this hadn't been mentioned on here - Friday was actually the 20th Birthday of GoldenEye. Whether you love it or feel it's aged poorly (or both!) it is hard to deny the success of this title. Many hours have been (and continue to be, for this fan) invested into this cart. Well done, Rare.

scotland

Re: Happy 20th Birthday, GoldenEye

Postby scotland » August 27th, 2017, 7:12 pm

Breaker wrote:I was mildly surprised this hadn't been mentioned on here - Friday was actually the 20th Birthday of GoldenEye. Whether you love it or feel it's aged poorly (or both!) it is hard to deny the success of this title. Many hours have been (and continue to be, for this fan) invested into this cart. Well done, Rare.

Although someone working on the artwork really put their foot in their mouth

Voor

Postby Voor » August 27th, 2017, 9:21 pm

As y'all know, I love Speedrunning, and the goldeneye community is still very active. It's not unusual to see runners speed all day try to shave a couple of seconds off one level.

Here's a good one

https://youtu.be/U9DZC3HQnFQ

jon

Postby jon » August 28th, 2017, 12:10 am

Happy birthday to Goldeneye indeed. As a die hard Bond fan, this game hit it right on the button. While everyone was saying how amazing the multiplayer, I was enjoying the single player experience, which is a masterpiece. I am a huge fan of Goldeneye the movie, ("I am inveeencible!) and perhaps that's why I appreciate the game so much. I mean the single player mode.

Retrology

Postby Retrology » August 28th, 2017, 11:14 am

Is this a rare instance where the game is more well known than the movie? Anyway, yeah, single player mode is still addicting as hell.

Return to “Video Games General”