You should play 7800 HSC (or others)

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
Atarifever

You should play 7800 HSC (or others)

Postby Atarifever » September 5th, 2017, 7:08 pm

Just a plug to point out that you should play in the 7800 High Score Club at Atariage, where it'd be cool to see some other VGC folks. It's just starting up again, and you can join really easily. I mean, in the first place, if you're on this forum here and don't have an Atariage profile too, you're doing it wrong. Also, the 7800 has great emmulators for everything from the PC to the Wii, and even the homebrews mostly have ROM files available, so anyone can play. Finally, I think that with the arcade classic library, weird stuff like Ninja Golf, and the fantastic homebrew scene, the 7800 is a real interesting system these days to experience as a retrogamer, especially in the HSC format.

Anyway, anyone who is interested in losing to Oyamafamily and his unstoppable train of high score destruction can find it over here.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/269594 ... e-1-joust/

If the 7800 doesn't interest you because you're dead inside, there are HSCs there for a ton of systems at Atariage, and I think most are still active. I think we discussed starting one of these here years ago, but everyone here has their own pet system and can't see the full majesty that is the 7800, king of all consoles, so we couldn't agree on one. It really helps with the whole "what should I play next" issue people with big collections have, and helps keep even total garbage like the NES enjoyable.

snakeboy

Re: You should play 7800 HSC (or others)

Postby snakeboy » September 5th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Atarifever wrote:Anyway, anyone who is interested in losing to Oyamafamily and his unstoppable train of high score destruction can find it over here.

I've been playing in the current season of the 2600 HSC, so I already know what that feels like.

I've played a couple seasons of the 2600 HSC and have dabbled in the 8-bit HSC here and there. In fact I did participate in the 8-bit HSC earlier this year, but then managed to somehow corrupt the startup files in my Retropie setup and haven't played since.

I would seriously consider playing in the 7800 HSC, but the problem is, with moving and a baby on the way in the next couple of months, I'm not sure how much time I will have. Maybe I will try playing a game here and there, we'll see.

Atarifever

Postby Atarifever » September 6th, 2017, 5:26 am

snakeboy wrote:
Atarifever wrote:Anyway, anyone who is interested in losing to Oyamafamily and his unstoppable train of high score destruction can find it over here.

I've been playing in the current season of the 2600 HSC, so I already know what that feels like.

It is insane how good he is at virtually every single game ever made.

snakeboy wrote: but the problem is, with moving and a baby on the way in the next couple of months, I'm not sure how much time I will have. Maybe I will try playing a game here and there, we'll see.

First kid? If it is, and you're like I was, about the only thing that will fit in for a year or so will be short pick-up-and-play sessions. Congratulations on the new addition in any case. :)

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » September 6th, 2017, 11:16 am

I've thought about getting an account at AtariAge, but I already have accounts on 4-5 different forums. That's a lot to keep track of. Besides, AtariAge has a large community, and some of their discussions can get pretty heated. That's fun to read, but I'm not sure if it would be fun to participate in. I don't have many high-scores anyways. :(

scotland

Postby scotland » September 6th, 2017, 11:24 am

pacman000 wrote: Besides, AtariAge has a large community, and some of their discussions can get pretty heated. That's fun to read, but I'm not sure if it would be fun to participate in. I don't have many high-scores anyways. :(

Atariage tbreads can also be long. Keeping up on topics can be a chore. Good information to be had sometimes though.

I also don't have many high scores.

snakeboy

Postby snakeboy » September 6th, 2017, 10:34 pm

Atarifever wrote:First kid? If it is, and you're like I was, about the only thing that will fit in for a year or so will be short pick-up-and-play sessions. Congratulations on the new addition in any case. :)

Thanks. Yes, it's our first. I'm one of those guys who thinks it's a good idea to start a family at 41. :)

And yes, I realize my free time as I know it is dead (well, at least for a good while).

The good news is my wife is supportive of my gaming since she knows how it helps keep me sane, so hopefully I can sneak in a few play sessions here and there. :)

Return to “Classic Gaming”