Weird startup menu on Game Boy Advance?

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
astrodomekid

Weird startup menu on Game Boy Advance?

Postby astrodomekid » September 6th, 2017, 3:06 pm

I've enjoyed playing the Game Boy Advance ever since I got the original model back in Christmas of 2001, when I was 7 years old. But there's something about the system itself that always made me curious.

I can't remember if this is only on the original model, or the GBA SP that I got in 2003, or both. But basically, if I turn on the system without the cartridge, the system will display the usual boot-up sequence without the word "Nintendo" on the bottom (as normal when there's no cart); but by either pressing one or more of the buttons or inserting a cartridge afterwards or...whatever, "Nintendo" will suddenly appear for a brief moment (w/ sound effect) and then it cuts to some weird menu within the BIOS where there's little if anything to do in it.

What was this menu that I have encountered a few times in the past? What purpose does it have? How exactly did I reach it?

Stalvern

Re: Weird startup menu on Game Boy Advance?

Postby Stalvern » September 7th, 2017, 1:32 am

I don't have my SP handy, so I can't test this myself, but I did a few searches and found this thread. I don't know if it's the same thing that you're talking about, but it's the closest that I could find.

If you're serious about getting some real information, you might want to ask here.

Return to “Classic Gaming”