"IT"

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
DaHeckIzDat

"IT"

Postby DaHeckIzDat » September 15th, 2017, 5:25 pm

I went to see the new "IT" movie on Monday, and I have to say that I really enjoyed it. Was I scared? Not really, but I was entertained. I liked seeing all the different forms Penniwise took to terrorize the kids, and some of them were really creative. Like the lady in the painting-- I loved that! The way the headless kid lurched down the stairs was pretty creepy too. I did feel like the scares started to get a little formulaic after a while (kid says/sees/thinks something scary, goes off alone, BOO I'M A CLOWN HAHAHAHA!) but not to the point that I got bored watching them. Skarsgard was obviously having the time of his life playing the clown. They didn't go as deep into what Penniwise was as the book did, with the transdimensional, ancient, unfathomable, Lovcraftian entity thing, and honestly I think that's a good thing. Keep it simple. How many of you guys have seen it? What did you think?

Also, to fans of the book, don't worry. They kept THAT scene out of the movie.

Rev

Re: "IT"

Postby Rev » September 16th, 2017, 9:42 am

I'm glad you liked it. I saw it in theaters and loved it. This is definitely the horror movie hit of 2017. Wasn't the biggest fan of a few choices here and there but for the most part I think they hit it out of the park. Glad it also is doing so well in theaters. Can't wait for part 2.

Return to “Other Media”