Nintendo Switch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Rev

Nintendo Switch

Postby Rev » October 16th, 2017, 12:40 pm

So I've been thinking about picking up a Switch because it has a ton of indie games with physical releases but I have one concern. In the early days it was reported that the Switch controllers were warping and I never really heard about a resolution to this. Is this actually a problem and are there any other issues with the console right now? If I need to wait until the second version of the console comes out I will.

Stalvern

Re: Nintendo Switch

Postby Stalvern » October 16th, 2017, 8:35 pm

Not the controllers, the whole system. The most likely explanation I've seen is that poor air circulation while the Switch is docked causes the plastic to heat up and flex. A quick search (Google is your friend, by the way) pulled up articles from August about how the problem still hadn't been addressed, so you might want to hold off a while longer.

David

Postby David » October 17th, 2017, 12:01 am

The amount of heat that it would take to actually cause the plastic to bend is way more than the Switch can actually produce. Mine has a slight bend to it, and it’s just the way the plastic is manufactured. It’s still functional, fits in the dock okay, plays well, etc. i would just recommend putting a screen protector on it. It’s the perfect time to buy - it already has a nice library and Mario Odyssey is out in a couple weeks.

CharlieR

Postby CharlieR » October 20th, 2017, 9:07 am

My target had a demo unit out the other day. Played a little bit of Super Mario Odyssey.

Rev

Postby Rev » October 20th, 2017, 11:04 am

Thanks for the feedback guys. Still undecided lol.

scotland

Postby scotland » November 2nd, 2017, 8:01 am

It sounds like the Switch is enroute to a solid holiday season. It still has pricing issues, but with a well received Zelda and Mario game now in its backpack, I think it has enough to bring in sales in December.

Return to “Modern Gaming”