Redout (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Redout (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 8th, 2017, 12:48 pm

In the past few months I had read a lot of negative rumors about how Redout required you to go online for career mode and other things. That's not the case with the PS4 version. In fact this is one of the most offline friendly games I've seen on the PS4, with career, arcade, and split-screen modes. The box actually says "online optional" which is one of the reason I picked it up. I wish more games would be straight-forward instead of tricking gamers into going online.

The game itself is a fun futuristic racer along the lines of Wipeout. The visuals are unspectacular but super smooth. The controls are more nuanced, allowing you to strafe and along pitch your nose up or down. Full review forthcoming.

GameOfThrones

Re: Redout (PS4)

Postby GameOfThrones » October 18th, 2017, 6:49 am

Interesting.

I did want to pick this up but I have an xbone and more and more racers seem to be (yawn) on-line only. For me the problem with that is that most of the time only the big games have a lot of on-line players and you never seem to get a game. That and the annoying thing of having an 8 year old screaming in their mic I am tea-bagging you.

I will look forward to the review.

Return to “Now Playing”