Blade Runner 2049

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Blade Runner 2049

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 11th, 2017, 7:24 pm

Saw this one yesterday. No bad, but as a huge fan of the original, I was a little disappointed.

First, I really wish they should have hired an editor. This was about an hour too long.
I don't think I would have cast Ryan Gosling for the lead - he looks too wholesome to be the badass.
Finally, unlike the original movie which was very mysterious, this one spells stuff out and then beats you over the head with it.

It didn't help that I had to watch in a "Dolby" theater which makes you feel like you're stuck in a 3-hour-long earthquake.

zetax

Re: Blade Runner 2049

Postby zetax » October 11th, 2017, 11:49 pm

Your mini-review is a bit disappointing. I was initially skeptical regarding the new movie, but then the (generally) glowing reviews set my mind at ease. Now this...guess I'll still give it a shot, but now some wondering about what to expect. Sort of wish I had no preconceived notion as to what might be included...

Sut

Postby Sut » October 12th, 2017, 3:43 am

I thought it was pretty good, they tried to keep the aesthetic similar. It’s almost GTA esq as in it’s (almost) a different story in the same world.
To be honest I don’t think it needed the Deckard/Rachel parts at all it should have been brave enough to stand on its own.

I would say it doesn’t have the same character as the original, but apparently no one enjoyed that first time either.

Would also disagree with Gosling. I thought his performance was excellent as a character trying to come to terms with his changing world and all that he believed.

Agree about the volume though it’s got some brash sounds which break you out of the film. I did long for some Van Gellis.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » October 26th, 2017, 5:09 pm

I thought it was fantastic. It is up there is Dunkirk as my movies of the year.

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » October 26th, 2017, 7:49 pm

Ya this movie was way too long and takes forever to get moving. I did enjoy it but I agree with the VGC, could have used an editor. Also, could have used a bit more action. All in all I would rate it a "C".

Return to “Other Media”