2017/10/30: Xbox: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2017/10/30: Xbox: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge

Postby VideoGameCritic » October 30th, 2017, 7:24 pm

I really wanted to get this review posted before Halloween, because it's one of the pleasant surprises of this Halloween season!

Retro STrife

Re: 2017/10/30: Xbox: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge

Postby Retro STrife » October 30th, 2017, 7:52 pm

Great review. Thanks to Crummylion for recommending this. I bought this game about a year ago, since I'm a fan of the movie, but haven't played it yet. This review is definitely pushing me to finally pop it in my Xbox.

While it's Halloween now, does this game also involve enough Christmas theme to make it on the Christmas Special too? I notice the "candy cane" icon, but no mention of Christmas in the review. Looks like more of a Halloween game though, right?

Sonicx9

Re: 2017/10/30: Xbox: Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas: Oogie's Revenge

Postby Sonicx9 » October 30th, 2017, 8:20 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I really wanted to get this review posted before Halloween, because it's one of the pleasant surprises of this Halloween season!

Very good review critic, I have the PS2 version which was fun fact the original version of the game, as the western Xbox ports where done because the game came out for the PS2 in Japan in fall 2004. A whole year before the English PS2/Xbox versions in 2005. And the Xbox is unpopular in Japan.

I have to say the mainstream reviewers where very hard on this game back in the day.: http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... es-revenge and http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox/tim ... es-revenge. But users did rate it higher showing that it is not always a good idea to rely on mainstream reviewers. But then again, they did give not so great games high review scores likely because they where bought and paid by the publishers, and forced the mainstream reviewers to give less popular games lower scores proves that mainstream reviewers suck!

I hope this does get a HD remaster for PC, PS4/Pro, Xbox One/X, and Nintendo Switch to give this underrated game another chance as Capcom did work on this game, and has a good working relationship with Disney that is still relevant thanks to the The Disney Afternoon Collection. I must go to Capcom-Unity and demand them to do so?

Stalvern

Postby Stalvern » October 31st, 2017, 10:21 am

Sonicx9 wrote:I hope this does get a HD remaster for PC, PS4/Pro, Xbox One/X, and Nintendo Switch to give this underrated game another chance as Capcom did work on this game, and has a good working relationship with Disney that is still relevant thanks to the The Disney Afternoon Collection. I must go to Capcom-Unity and demand them to do so?

You must. Godspeed.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » October 31st, 2017, 3:35 pm

Stalvern wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:I hope this does get a HD remaster for PC, PS4/Pro, Xbox One/X, and Nintendo Switch to give this underrated game another chance as Capcom did work on this game, and has a good working relationship with Disney that is still relevant thanks to the The Disney Afternoon Collection. I must go to Capcom-Unity and demand them to do so?

You must. Godspeed.

Posted it on Capcom Unity forms: http://www.capcom-unity.com/capcom_game ... itch?sdb=1, and if anyone has a Capcom Unity account, please post in it so we can get this port to become a reality!

Paul Campbell

Postby Paul Campbell » November 2nd, 2017, 3:10 am

I can't tell if you were being sarcastic or not when you mentioned the "fun multiple-choice quiz!" in the review. If not, that must be one hell of a multiple choice quiz to deserve a mention in one of your already condensed reviews...

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » November 2nd, 2017, 7:50 am

Yeah it was actually quite fun because it referenced earlier parts of the game to make sure you were paying attention, like the color of your girlfriend's hair.

JustLikeHeaven

Postby JustLikeHeaven » November 2nd, 2017, 9:00 am

Thanks for putting this on my radar Dave. I'm always on the lookout for something new to play around Halloween and this looks perfect.

Return to “Review Feedback”