Bad news for Switch players.

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
User avatar
DrLitch
Posts: 21
Joined: July 19th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Re: Bad news for Switch players.

Postby DrLitch » November 9th, 2017, 1:44 am

I was one of those that got the Jaguar. Cybermorph was only game I had for 3 weeks before picking up Alien Vs Predator. In retrospect, both games were fairly weak- even much lauded AVP was far too maze like to be completely enjoyable. I owned this console for approximately 6 months before giving up on it. Flashback and Tempest were the only good games for this console IMO.

User avatar
Rev
Posts: 1301
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 7:31 pm

Re: Bad news for Switch players.

Postby Rev » November 9th, 2017, 7:41 pm

DrLitch wrote:I was one of those that got the Jaguar. Cybermorph was only game I had for 3 weeks before picking up Alien Vs Predator. In retrospect, both games were fairly weak- even much lauded AVP was far too maze like to be completely enjoyable. I owned this console for approximately 6 months before giving up on it. Flashback and Tempest were the only good games for this console IMO.


I was in a similar boat. Owned a Jaguar (much later) and had it for only a few months. I couldn't get into any of the games and then I realized almost all the good games got ported elsewhere so I sold it. I'd rather collect consoles I enjoy then ones I just own to own.

GameOfThrones
Posts: 78
Joined: August 30th, 2017, 10:24 am

Re: Bad news for Switch players.

Postby GameOfThrones » November 10th, 2017, 5:10 am

Rev wrote:
DrLitch wrote:I was one of those that got the Jaguar. Cybermorph was only game I had for 3 weeks before picking up Alien Vs Predator. In retrospect, both games were fairly weak- even much lauded AVP was far too maze like to be completely enjoyable. I owned this console for approximately 6 months before giving up on it. Flashback and Tempest were the only good games for this console IMO.


I was in a similar boat. Owned a Jaguar (much later) and had it for only a few months. I couldn't get into any of the games and then I realized almost all the good games got ported elsewhere so I sold it. I'd rather collect consoles I enjoy then ones I just own to own.

I LOVED Cybermorph.

pacman000
Posts: 334
Joined: December 30th, 2015, 9:04 am

Re: Bad news for Switch players.

Postby pacman000 » November 10th, 2017, 7:58 am

Would you be willing to review CyberMorph, GameOfThrones? I've always thought it looked interesting, but I've heard little good about it; I'd like to hear from someone who enjoyed the game.

Sut
Posts: 595
Joined: April 8th, 2015, 4:23 pm

Re: Bad news for Switch players.

Postby Sut » November 10th, 2017, 10:00 am

pacman000 wrote:Would you be willing to review CyberMorph, GameOfThrones? I've always thought it looked interesting, but I've heard little good about it; I'd like to hear from someone who enjoyed the game.


I’ve heard positive things about the sequel Battlemorph on the Jaguar CD. But the chances of me playing that are slim. Unless Jaguar emulation improved significantly since I last looked.

User avatar
Retro STrife
Posts: 399
Joined: August 3rd, 2015, 7:40 pm

Re: Bad news for Switch players.

Postby Retro STrife » November 10th, 2017, 5:06 pm

GameOfThrones wrote:I LOVED Cybermorph.


:shock: :shock: :shock:

One of the most dreadful looking and pointless 3D games I can think of! I vaguely remember it -- aimlessly flying around, collecting orbs, seeing only 5 feet in front of my ship, and running into mountains over and over. Like pacman000, I'd be pretty interested to hear what you enjoyed about it.

While we're on the subject of the Jag, I tried the famed Alien vs Predator game a few years back and didn't like that either. Despite the praise, it's a terrible early FPS that does not hold up today. I actually don't find Tempest 3000 that interesting either (except the soundtrack), and yet it's usually credited with being the best game on the system. Not my thing, though. I haven't played through most of my Jaguar games yet, but so far Rayman was the only one I liked, and that's on other systems.

Also, P.S., I like how we've all gradually changed this from a Nintendo Switch topic to an Atari Jaguar topic... :lol:


Return to “Modern Gaming”