Video Editing

Talk about music, movies, television, books, and other media. No religious or political discussion allowed.
Herschie

Video Editing

Postby Herschie » June 14th, 2016, 1:28 am

What's some good software, preferably online, where I can make and edit a video? Specifically, what I want to do is take video clips of me playing various sports games like MLB: The Show, Madden, or FIFA, and make an 80s-style documentary video on them. I have a bunch of production music that I've found on Youtube, and I want to be able to trim clips, add in music, and narrate my videos.

I'm not expecting anyone to be super-interested in these, just something I may or may not do as a hobby. Because having a life is overrated.

scotland

Re: Video Editing

Postby scotland » June 14th, 2016, 5:48 am

I use Adobe Premiere Elements. Its got far more features than I want, but it has 3 audio and 3 video tracks. The 3 audio tracks would let you keep the native sound of you playing the game, add in background music, and narrate too.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » June 26th, 2016, 4:06 pm

iMovie is probably best for this purpose because it's so quick and easy to use. It's also free with any Mac. The only catch being, of course, that you have to own one.

Herschie

Postby Herschie » June 27th, 2016, 7:35 pm

scotland wrote:I use Adobe Premiere Elements. Its got far more features than I want, but it has 3 audio and 3 video tracks. The 3 audio tracks would let you keep the native sound of you playing the game, add in background music, and narrate too.

I might have also added free software lol.

ptdebate wrote:iMovie is probably best for this purpose because it's so quick and easy to use. It's also free with any Mac. The only catch being, of course, that you have to own one.

Not really a Mac person. I had tried a couple different things, turns out there's something Microsoft has called PowerDirector that lets you do this. Or maybe it's Cyberlink, who knows? This isn't much, but it's my first attempt. Sorry I don't exactly have a narrator's voice lol. I wish I knew how to embed videos on here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6Dnvx9jbLs

Herschie

Postby Herschie » September 5th, 2016, 6:22 pm

Here's another one I did, combining a bunch of Cubs' clips, Jpegs, and production music:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fFcy5svrUs&

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 3rd, 2017, 12:34 am

Opening Day, 1989, combining real life and MLB: The Show:

https://youtu.be/iffyloZPf1A

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » December 3rd, 2017, 1:21 pm

Nice. Which software did you end up using?

Herschie

Postby Herschie » December 4th, 2017, 8:46 am

Cyberlink Powerdirector 10. Makes these videos fairly simple, and I can zoom in to the exact frame that i want to cut to. I can even add music.

Return to “Other Media”