Paprium Delayed

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Paprium Delayed

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 5th, 2017, 9:16 am

The other day I remembered I had preordered a new Genesis game last spring called Paprium. I was actually freaking out because I couldn't remember the name and couldn't find any reference to it.

Eventually I found this link saying it was delayed till early next year. Thought I'd pass it along in case anyone else is wondering.

http://www.seganerds.com/2017/09/06/gen ... arly-2018/

Retro STrife

Re: Paprium Delayed

Postby Retro STrife » December 5th, 2017, 10:40 am

Limited Run Games recently had a similar issue with one of its games getting pushed further and further back, which created a decent bit of backlash on Reddit, where some people were complaining that they wanted a refund on their pre-order and LRG was not willing to give it (saying that all sales are final). I think they also pointed out that they had already passed along much of the funds to the developer for the development costs, since LRG is just the publisher.

Makes you realize that a lot of trust is being put in these indie developers... but really, a lot can go wrong. I feel like some of these "developers" are just one or two people working out of their home as a second job, so there's a lot of things that could sidetrack them from the project. Suddenly you have a bunch of delays, or they run out of funds, and who knows if the game ever comes out. And then they just walk away with tons of pre-order money, and it's way too late at that point to contest the Paypal or credit card charges to get your money back. Fortunately, it seems like those scenarios are rare so far, but it could happen eventually.

Return to “Classic Gaming”