Mega Man 11 announced for PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X/Nintendo Switch and PC for next year!

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

Mega Man 11 announced for PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X/Nintendo Switch and PC for next year!

Postby Sonicx9 » December 8th, 2017, 12:29 pm

A little late with this post, but this is a big deal as many have wanted Mega Man to come back for almost 8 years!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnKB-Xgd-2E

In addition to this, Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 along with a brand new X collection are coming to the Nintendo Switch next year along with the PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X and PC for the new X collection! (note: Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 where both released on the PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X and PC a while back FYI.)

And the nice thing about Mega Man 11 it looks like a proper next gen game compared to Mighty No 9 thanks to it being only on New Gen, PC and Nintendo Switch compared to the former which was cross-gen/handhelds along with New Gen and PC in the mix. And from the look of the trailer the game might run on the all mighty Unreal Engine 4 which is likely considering Capcom has been adopting the Unreal Engine 4 in recent times and thanks to the Nintendo Switch native Unreal Engine 4 support makes the port possible.

Thoughts on this recent announcements!

LoganRuckman

Re: Mega Man 11 announced for PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X/Nintendo Switch and PC for next year!

Postby LoganRuckman » December 9th, 2017, 4:30 am

I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Mega Man X9 next please.

Sonicx9

Re: Mega Man 11 announced for PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X/Nintendo Switch and PC for next year!

Postby Sonicx9 » December 10th, 2017, 12:09 am

LoganRuckman wrote:I can't tell you how happy this makes me. Mega Man X9 next please.

Very likely with the recent Mega Man X collection annoinced, should hit the same systems around 2019!

BanjoPickles

Postby BanjoPickles » December 10th, 2017, 12:42 pm

They actually seem like they did it the smart way. Doing a third consecutive game in the 8-bit style would have been a bit much, but it seems like they've learned from Mega Man 7 and 8 that the game has to have the same tight gameplay/speed as those old games (7 was sooo slow)!

I am so glad that both legacy collections are coming to Switch! Now, they need to work on some new games (sequels to Viewtiful Joe, Zack and Wiki and Bionic Commando would be nice), along with ports of some of their best games (Resident Evil 4 on the go? Yes!).

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » December 10th, 2017, 7:03 pm

BanjoPickles wrote:They actually seem like they did it the smart way. Doing a third consecutive game in the 8-bit style would have been a bit much, but it seems like they've learned from Mega Man 7 and 8 that the game has to have the same tight gameplay/speed as those old games (7 was sooo slow)!

I am so glad that both legacy collections are coming to Switch! Now, they need to work on some new games (sequels to Viewtiful Joe, Zack and Wiki and Bionic Commando would be nice), along with ports of some of their best games (Resident Evil 4 on the go? Yes!).

Related with this, Capcom has announced Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection for the Nintendo Switch alongside PS4 and Pro/Xbox One and X, and Steam!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpUXoCqD6GM It is the very first time the full fat versions of the Street Fighter Alpha trilogy has appeared on Nintendo hardware! ( previously the Game Boy Color along with SNES and Game Boy Advance got water down ports of all of the trilogy with the Game Boy Advance version of Alpha 3 being the most complete of the 3, but even that had downgrades thanks to the cartridge size/hardware limitations.) And the first time the Street Fighter 3 series has appeared on a Nintendo Console ever!

Anyway related with above, here is what I would want to see from Capcom on the Nintendo Switch.

Okami HD (rather stupid of Capcom to put this on the Xbox One as that series never showed up on Xbox hardware outside of cameo games, and the original game was on the Wii along with the DS only sequel Ōkamiden which give zero excuse as to why it can not be on the Nintendo Switch, hopefully next year the game will get a late Nintendo Switch port along with a Ōkamiden HD remake!)

The Disney Afternoon Collection (now that Digital Eclipse has gotten Nintendo Switch dev kits for both Legacy Collection 1 port and Street Fighter 30th Anniversary Collection, I hope it gets ported to the Nintendo Switch if a physical version for the PS4/Xbox One gets announced in the near future so fingers cross!)

Devil May Cry: HD Collection and Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition (Now that the spiritual successor rival the Bayonetta series is on the Nintendo Switch, this could be a good opportunity if the Resident Evil: Revelations games sell well as Capcom is not sure to put their M rated titles because on Nintendo family friendly image. But if they do port the Devil May Cry games they should use the Bayonetta Amiibo for a crossover exclusive to the Nintendo Switch!)

Strider 2014 game (This Metroidvania game is perfect for the Nintendo Switch thanks to its gameplay being ideal for the Nintendo Switch portability and the game was on last gen so the port should be easy!)

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 and Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite

Monster Hunter: World and Monster Hunter HD remaster collection

Return to “Modern Gaming”