Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

General and high profile video game topics.
User avatar
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin
Posts: 11221
Joined: April 1st, 2015, 7:23 pm

Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 12th, 2017, 7:12 pm

I have mixed feelings about this upcoming compilation which will contain all the 2D Street Fighter titles:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/12/ ... comments=1

Would prefer to get this for the Switch, but concerned about the controls. The digital pad on the Switch is pretty bad, and I'm not sure a good joystick will be available for the system any time soon.

Which brings me to a new topic. Why can't Nintendo release a new joycon with a proper D-pad? Isn't that what the joycons were designed for? You know they would fly off the shelves.

Sonicx9
Posts: 533
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Postby Sonicx9 » December 12th, 2017, 7:58 pm

VideoGameCritic wrote:I have mixed feelings about this upcoming compilation which will contain all the 2D Street Fighter titles:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/12/ ... comments=1

Would prefer to get this for the Switch, but concerned about the controls. The digital pad on the Switch is pretty bad, and I'm not sure a good joystick will be available for the system any time soon.

Which brings me to a new topic. Why can't Nintendo release a new joycon with a proper D-pad? Isn't that what the joycons were designed for? You know they would fly off the shelves.


Critic, if you want the best d-pad for the Nintendo Switch, please try getting the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Pro Controller as that is the definitive version of the Nintendo Switch d-pad and should be way more comfortable then the digital pad on the joy-cons.

You can get it at best buy the store or online: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-x ... :212,loc:2 on the pricey side of thing but this should do it critic!

User avatar
Atariboy
Posts: 526
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Postby Atariboy » December 12th, 2017, 8:10 pm

What's wrong with the d-pad on the Pro Controller? If you don't have that, you probably should pick it up since it's a favorite of many Switch owners when playing on their television.

And if you don't like that, there are multiple alternatives like the Hori pad, various 8BitDo controllers like their upcoming SNES inspired SN30 Pro Controller with full Switch functionality (Motion control, rumble, etc.), and several arcade sticks.

Just some of your options here...

Nintendo Pro Controller
Image

Hori wired Switch Controller
Image

8Bitdo SN30 Pro Controller
Image

8Bitdo N30 Pro
Image

8Bitdo N30 Arcade Stick
Image

Hori Real Arcade Pro V
Image

Doesn't fix the Switch Joy-Con being a bit lackluster, but at least there are choices out there for tv play, if you spend extra.

User avatar
Atariboy
Posts: 526
Joined: April 7th, 2015, 11:07 pm

Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Postby Atariboy » December 12th, 2017, 8:15 pm

Sonicx9 wrote:Critic, if you want the best d-pad for the Nintendo Switch, please try getting the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Pro Controller as that is the definitive version of the Nintendo Switch d-pad and should be way more comfortable then the digital pad on the joy-cons.

You can get it at best buy the store or online: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-x ... :212,loc:2 on the pricey side of thing but this should do it critic!


From the outside it looks exactly like a regular 1st party Switch Pro Controller to me, just with some cosmetic alterations and a bit of a higher pricetag.

Is it actually different in some way than the regular Pro Controller?

Sonicx9
Posts: 533
Joined: April 27th, 2015, 6:37 pm

Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Postby Sonicx9 » December 12th, 2017, 9:04 pm

Atariboy wrote:
Sonicx9 wrote:Critic, if you want the best d-pad for the Nintendo Switch, please try getting the Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Pro Controller as that is the definitive version of the Nintendo Switch d-pad and should be way more comfortable then the digital pad on the joy-cons.

You can get it at best buy the store or online: https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-x ... :212,loc:2 on the pricey side of thing but this should do it critic!


From the outside it looks exactly like a regular 1st party Switch Pro Controller to me, just with some cosmetic alterations and a bit of a higher pricetag.

Is it actually different in some way than the regular Pro Controller?


http://nintendoeverything.com/does-the- ... the-d-pad/

Acording to this article, they improved the d-pad for the older pro controller skus, but the improvements may be intergratef into later pro controller skus in the near future. Hopfuly a d-pad joycon whill be anounced and releaaed in the near future?

newmodelarmy
Posts: 68
Joined: January 16th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Postby newmodelarmy » December 12th, 2017, 9:23 pm

I got to have this compilation! But will definitely have to figure out the control issue. Hopefully Santa brings me a Pro Controller! Anyway, I got to say I love the Switch. I just hope it comes out with some more 3rd party games.

newmodelarmy
Posts: 68
Joined: January 16th, 2017, 8:10 pm

Re: Street Fighter 30th Anniversary

Postby newmodelarmy » December 12th, 2017, 9:29 pm

I got to have this compilation! But will definitely have to figure out the control issue. Hopefully Santa brings me a Pro Controller! Anyway, I got to say I love the Switch. I just hope it comes out with some more 3rd party games.


Return to “Video Games General”