Dirt 4 (PS4)

Tell us about games you are currently playing. "Quick hit" reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Dirt 4 (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » December 25th, 2017, 1:30 pm

This game is overrated. The career mode is such a grind, and the woman's voice is hard on the ears. I'm hoping to eventually unlock a snow track to redeem this, but not holding my breath.

GameOfThrones

Re: Dirt 4 (PS4)

Postby GameOfThrones » December 25th, 2017, 8:33 pm

That last good one was the first one on xbox. I do not bother with them any more. I have dirt 3 and it is disappointing.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » December 26th, 2017, 10:40 am

I assume you feel that way since they all but left rally racing behind with Dirt 2 and Dirt 3, where as it was still the primary focus with Dirt 1. If so, I suggest you reconsider Dirt 4. It's a return to a rally racing focused mainstream Dirt title, with the usual arcade style physics that Dirt is known for along with the option of enabling the sim style physics like Dirt Rally had last year.

I thought Codemasters hit a home run here. They left the extreme sports nonsense behind that afflicted Dirt 2 and Dirt 3 when Codemasters tried and failed to go more mainstream (Which failed to draw in the masses while actually alienating their regulars), it has physics to cater to both sim fans and those that prefer more simplified arcade physics, and it offers lots of rally action.

Not everyone's cup of tea as the Critic's impressions reveal. But if one enjoyed the classic Colin McRae Rally franchise during the PS1/PS2 days, this one is worth a look.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » December 28th, 2017, 4:55 pm

Atariboy wrote:I assume you feel that way since they all but left rally racing behind with Dirt 2 and Dirt 3, where as it was still the primary focus with Dirt 1. If so, I suggest you reconsider Dirt 4. It's a return to a rally racing focused mainstream Dirt title, with the usual arcade style physics that Dirt is known for along with the option of enabling the sim style physics like Dirt Rally had last year.

I thought Codemasters hit a home run here. They left the extreme sports nonsense behind that afflicted Dirt 2 and Dirt 3 when Codemasters tried and failed to go more mainstream (Which failed to draw in the masses while actually alienating their regulars), it has physics to cater to both sim fans and those that prefer more simplified arcade physics, and it offers lots of rally action.

Not everyone's cup of tea as the Critic's impressions reveal. But if one enjoyed the classic Colin McRae Rally franchise during the PS1/PS2 days, this one is worth a look.

Thanks that is a great recommendation.

Return to “Now Playing”