Worst Video Game Enemies?

General and high profile video game topics.
DaHeckIzDat

Worst Video Game Enemies?

Postby DaHeckIzDat » January 6th, 2018, 11:47 am

What are the absolute worst video game enemies you've ever faced?

My least favorite are the Winter Lanterns from Bloodborne, aka THOSE @#$% BRAIN LADIES. If they see you (and they will since they have eyes everywhere) they immediately hit you with an attack that raises your frenzy meter. It continues to rise even if you get out of their sight, and when it fills you instantly lose 90% of your health. The only way to stop it is to take a sedative, but 1. it immediately starts rising again, and 2. you can only carry ten of those at a time. And then when you actually get in close to them to attack, they have a grapple move that'll immobilize you (while your frenzy rises) and take away a good chunk of your health. Those two things combined is just about a guaranteed kill.

Luckily, I only saw these twice in the game. One was by itself, which was fine. But the second time, there were four or five of them all grouped together on a narrow bridge, and frankly SCREW THAT NONSENSE.

Stalvern

Re: Worst Video Game Enemies?

Postby Stalvern » January 6th, 2018, 2:25 pm

Random encounters in JRPGs are uniformly awful. You can't walk ten steps without the game stopping everything to hassle you at its whim.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » January 6th, 2018, 8:10 pm

The proboreons in Halo4 and 5. Just the most boring aliens they need to quit it and go and play in Tron.

CaptainCruch

Postby CaptainCruch » January 7th, 2018, 6:00 am

Bosses with multiple levels (that is not so bad) - without save points! (that's the bad part).

goldenband

Postby goldenband » January 7th, 2018, 12:30 pm

Any enemy that harasses you endlessly and can't be killed is definitely on my list. I remember getting incredibly frustrated by these pseudo-Polynesian women with shields in Crash Bandicoot, who would always push you off ledges at the worst possible times: an enraging enemy in an often-enraging game.

rockofhysteria

Postby rockofhysteria » January 7th, 2018, 3:09 pm

goldenband wrote:Any enemy that harasses you endlessly and can't be killed is definitely on my list. I remember getting incredibly frustrated by these pseudo-Polynesian women with shields in Crash Bandicoot, who would always push you off ledges at the worst possible times: an enraging enemy in an often-enraging game.

That Woman caused a old friend and former Tag Partner of mine to throw a PS1 controller through a window lol.

Return to “Video Games General”