Light Gun Games and Modern

General and high profile video game topics.
matmico399

Light Gun Games and Modern

Postby matmico399 » January 7th, 2018, 6:40 pm

I know I saw this subject a few years back and I think their was a solution. I have a modern flat screen tv and an old CRT in my basement. But the old one sits on the floor and is a pain in the butt to play. Is their a solution to playing a light gun game on a modern tv. Really wanting to play Virtua Cop 2 And House of the Dead 2.

scotland

Re: Light Gun Games and Modern

Postby scotland » January 7th, 2018, 9:47 pm

As far as I know, the answer is still no for retro light gun games.

The old light gun games depended on the rate the analog signal was painted on the phosphor screen by the electron gun. That is missing with a digital lcd.

You can make modern tv gun games with sensors, but the decline in interest in motion controllers seems to have dimmed the future of gun games. Arcade games like Buck Hunter are popular, so I keep thinking it shoul make its way to a home console. (There is a Buck Hunter game, but I tninkmit uses a standard controller). You would think the solution might be forcing a refresh rate on the tv witha light gun mode, or adjusting the light gun sensor based on the tv specs or by a sensor observing the tv or something. In short, you would think there is a solution possible.

Return to “Video Games General”