2018/1/9: Playstation: Polaris SnoCross, World's Scariest Police Chases

Let me know what you think about my reviews.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

2018/1/9: Playstation: Polaris SnoCross, World's Scariest Police Chases

Postby VideoGameCritic » January 9th, 2018, 9:26 pm

Here are two good Playstation One games that may have flown under your radar. Thoughts?

Retro STrife

Re: 2018/1/9: Playstation: Polaris SnoCross, World's Scariest Police Chases

Postby Retro STrife » January 10th, 2018, 1:16 am

Good stuff; never heard of these. I wonder if Polaris SnoCross was riding the coattails of Sled Storm, since that was pretty popular at that time and came out a year earlier. I imagine that good sales for Sled Storm inspired a few similar games during that era.

World's Scariest Police Chases has totally flown under my radar too, but I like your review so much that it inspired me to buy the game just now. I want to try it out. It sounds like a role reversal of Need for Speed III: Hot Pursuit, which was a great game that I played a bunch on the PS1. Sounds a bit like Driver too, since that involved a lot of missions in your car trying to stop other cars.

matmico399

Postby matmico399 » January 11th, 2018, 11:32 am

Yeah I picked up Worlds Scariest Police Chases about a year ago. Solid game and I’ve had a lot of fun with it. And I like how the guy who narrates the show also narrates the game. John Bunting or something. Def one of the better PS1 games out there. I’d give it a B.

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » February 13th, 2018, 7:42 pm

I tried the four-player mode of Polaris Snocross last night and it was a bust. You're forced to play from a first-person perspective, so you can't really perform tricks properly! I downgraded the game from a C+ to C.

Return to “Review Feedback”