Analogue Super Nt

Reserved for classic gaming discussions.
ptdebate

Analogue Super Nt

Postby ptdebate » March 3rd, 2018, 5:36 pm

Good afternoon VGCers,

I decided to go ahead and pick up a Super Nt. For those who don't know, this is a high-end SNES clone that promises to replicate the SNES experience on HDTVs with 100% accuracy. It uses chips that are programmed to imitate the exact functions of the SNES hardware as opposed to cheaper consoles which run an OS that emulates the software.

More information can be found at the following link:

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

I also picked up an SNES Everdrive. Looking forward to these coming in the mail! I will provide updates when the console comes in.

Atariboy

Re: Analogue Super Nt

Postby Atariboy » March 3rd, 2018, 6:34 pm

Which style did you go for? I stayed faithful to the US colors with my pre-order and think it looks nice, where as I've seen a lot of complaints from those that have received the clear version that didn't like the final result.

SD rom loading has been unlocked on the Super NT. Can't run DSP-1 equipped SNES games like a Super Everdrive can if the processor is installed, but everything else plays that can run on a Super Everdrive. Some save issues though off SD card for those games with battery backups, which hopefully is squashed with the next release.
Last edited by Atariboy on March 8th, 2020, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » March 3rd, 2018, 7:58 pm

Atariboy wrote:Which style did you go for? I stayed faithful to the US colors with my pre-order and think it looks nice, where as I've seen a lot of complaints from those that have received the clear version that didn't like the final result.

SD rom loading has been unlocked on the Super NT. Can't run DSP-1 equipped SNES games like a Super Everdrive can if the processor is installed, but everything else plays. Some save issues though off SD card for those games with battery backups, which hopefully is squashed with the next release.

I didn't hear about the SD rom loading! I may have wasted money on the Everdrive then. Oh well, it was the cheap Chinese version so I'm only out $60.

I went with the black because that's all they had left! Otherwise I might have chosen the SFC style.

How do you like your unit so far?

Sut

Postby Sut » March 4th, 2018, 3:34 am

ptdebate wrote:I also picked up an SNES Everdrive. Looking forward to these coming in the mail! I will provide updates when the console comes in.

This is on my wanted list after getting a lot of use out of the Sega EverDrive. Does it support Super FX games ?

scotland

Postby scotland » March 4th, 2018, 10:06 am

ptdebate wrote:Good afternoon VGCers,

I decided to go ahead and pick up a Super Nt. For those who don't know, this is a high-end SNES clone that promises to replicate the SNES experience on HDTVs with 100% accuracy. It uses chips that are programmed to imitate the exact functions of the SNES hardware as opposed to cheaper consoles which run an OS that emulates the software.

More information can be found at the following link:

https://www.analogue.co/pages/super-nt/

I also picked up an SNES Everdrive. Looking forward to these coming in the mail! I will provide updates when the console comes in.

Enjoy it! The FPGA seems to be the new wave, so let us know what you think. I didn't jump on the Retron 5 idea, but, and Iis hard to say, but I think over time I am going to have to follow a similar path. I do have CRTs for gaming, but its going to get to the point where for most gaming I need to have a plan to move to an HDMI set using some form of emulation.

scotland

Postby scotland » March 4th, 2018, 10:09 am

Sut wrote:
ptdebate wrote:I also picked up an SNES Everdrive. Looking forward to these coming in the mail! I will provide updates when the console comes in.

This is on my wanted list after getting a lot of use out of the Sega EverDrive. Does it support Super FX games ?

If he got the chinese one I've looked at, the answer is no.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » March 4th, 2018, 12:07 pm

Sut wrote:

Like Scotland said, the cheap Chinese version only supports games without special chips - which I was fine with, because very few games on the console that I am interested in feature them.

A developer named Krikzz produces the original Everdrive product. He offers a cart with near-universal compatibility for $197: The SD2SNES: https://krikzz.com/store/home/27-sd2snes.html

HawgWyld

Postby HawgWyld » March 4th, 2018, 10:38 pm

I'm curious to hear about this unit, although I do love the heck out of my Retron 5.

Atariboy

Postby Atariboy » March 5th, 2018, 7:41 am

ptdebate wrote:How do you like your unit so far?

I've happily had zero complaints.

Everything seems 100%, I don't notice any lag, and the graphics are incredibly clear on my tv. And what bugs there have been (which I'd of been unlikely to ever have uncovered myself) seem to be squashed within a few days.

Right now it's apparently virtually 100% compatible. Flashback has some issues that I don't think have been addressed yet, and Rendering Ranger 2 seems to have Kevtris stumped and pessimistic that he'll ever uncover what's going on.

I'm glad the Hyperkin SNES HD system didn't come out earlier. I was planning to buy a Super Retron HD from them, but then this got announced.

ptdebate

Postby ptdebate » March 18th, 2018, 3:00 pm

Finally got my Super Nt in the mail a few days ago. Last night I successfully got my SD card set up with a full romset.

This thing is great. I was blown away by the quality of the image when I first booted up Super Turrican Director's cut. The high-quality soundtrack seems almost too good.

The only slight inconvenience (and it is slight) with loading from SD is that you need to make sure you manually back up your saves to the SD card before you exit a game - otherwise your saves are lost. But this process is extremely easy and you get accustomed to it quickly.

Unfortunately, there's a problem with my TV that makes it hard to completely enjoy the system right now. I'm returning the TV on Tuesday, however, so after that point I'll be able to continue working through some RPGs.

Return to “Classic Gaming”