PSA: Zen Studios Has Announced It Has Cancelled The Patch For Pinball FX3 On Nintendo Switch

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
Sonicx9

PSA: Zen Studios Has Announced It Has Cancelled The Patch For Pinball FX3 On Nintendo Switch

Postby Sonicx9 » March 5th, 2018, 8:16 pm

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/03/05/z ... do-switch/

Not only is this terrible, but it also shows that companies make incomplete games and when they try to fix them, they cancelled a patch and right now no refunds for this game!

We must speak out on broken games!

Thoughts critic and others?

pacman000

Re: PSA: Zen Studios Has Announced It Has Cancelled The Patch For Pinball FX3 On Nintendo Switch

Postby pacman000 » March 5th, 2018, 11:56 pm

I'd ask for a patch for Pokemon Blue, but Missingno is so useful...

;)

A low frame rate sounds less useful. Then again, I enjoy Faceball 2000 on the Gameboy; 30fps sounds ok.

Sonicx9

Re: PSA: Zen Studios Has Announced It Has Cancelled The Patch For Pinball FX3 On Nintendo Switch

Postby Sonicx9 » March 6th, 2018, 1:53 am

pacman000 wrote:I'd ask for a patch for Pokemon Blue, but Missingno is so useful...

;)

A low frame rate sounds less useful. Then again, I enjoy Faceball 2000 on the Gameboy; 30fps sounds ok.

But Missingno is so useful so that is not a issue.

And for Faceball 2000 on the Gameboy, that was GameBoy so it can get away with framerate like that.

But this is a simple pinball game on Nintendo Switch having resolution and framerate issues that should have been fixed from day 1, and the fact that they cancelled a patch to fix these issues shows just how bad quality control in modern games is!

pacman000

Postby pacman000 » March 6th, 2018, 9:24 am

Point being, this isn't something they could've fixed in the past, and 30fps is far from unplayable. For me this is a nonissue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » March 6th, 2018, 10:52 am

While the portability of the Switch is nice, one downside that comes along with that is the inferior power of the system, which means many modern titles are dumbed-down a bit when they get ported over. Just last night, I was reading a review of the new Doom port that came out last fall for the Switch. They talked about how the game was dropped from 60 fps on the PS4 and Xbox One to 30 fps on the Switch. The graphics and textures were also noticeably muddier on the Switch version. Basically, unless you only own a Switch, or really need Doom in portable form, there is no reason to choose the Switch version over the PS or Xbox version.

It's not a deal-breaker for people who own the Switch, but it does mean that the Switch will always have issues like these.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 6th, 2018, 11:49 am

pacman000 wrote:Point being, this isn't something they could've fixed in the past, and 30fps is far from unplayable. For me this is a nonissue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Nothing to do with framerate, it just I am tired of game companies releasing half baked products and trying to patch them later, and if they fail to fix it without doing anythings shows that quality control does not exist in modern games anymore!

ActRaiser

Postby ActRaiser » March 6th, 2018, 2:38 pm

30 FPS is half-baked?

Kids these days, man are they ever spoiled. Back in my day if we got more than 10 FPS we were happy.

That's hilarious that 60 FPS is now required or it's a broken game.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 6th, 2018, 3:17 pm

ActRaiser wrote:30 FPS is half-baked?

Kids these days, man are they ever spoiled. Back in my day if we got more than 10 FPS we were happy.

If you have followed Dave the video game critic on the site, he called out game publishers and developers for broken half-ass products that should not be tolerated!

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » March 6th, 2018, 3:19 pm

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... It sounds like this patch was a luxury, more so than a necessity. If that's the case, I have no issue with the company canceling it when the huge workload became apparent.

As for poor quality control, unfinished games, patches, etc., etc.... I know there are some people here that voice a lot of concerns about that stuff. I do too, but I don't agree that this is a new problem. The difference is, back in the day, you were just stuck with it. Imagine how many older games would be so much better if some of the minor issues could have been patched. Frankly, with how massive and complicated games are today, I'm surprised there aren't more mistakes in games when they ship.

Sonicx9

Postby Sonicx9 » March 6th, 2018, 3:27 pm

Retro STrife wrote:

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing... It sounds like this patch was a luxury, more so than a necessity. If that's the case, I have no issue with the company canceling it when the huge workload became apparent.

As for poor quality control, unfinished games, patches, etc., etc.... I know there are some people here that voice a lot of concerns about that stuff. I do too, but I don't agree that this is a new problem. The difference is, back in the day, you were just stuck with it. Imagine how many older games would be so much better if some of the minor issues could have been patched. Frankly, with how massive and complicated games are today, I'm surprised there aren't more mistakes in games when they ship.

But back in the old days games and systems had to be as polished and bug/glitch free as possible to make sure they where accessible, and not broken, and when issues happen they would recall the product. Now companies can pump out junk and get away with broken garbage and it is not a good practice. And related with this situation, back in 2012 when the infamous Silent Hill HD Collection on Xbox 360 had it big patch canceled, Konami was at least nice enough to give out free games which shows they did something right for angry customers. But this one case they canceled and do nothing to make up which is disgusting!

No wonder dave the video game critic speaks out because companies need to be held accountable!

Return to “Modern Gaming”