Recommend me some games

General and high profile video game topics.
Alucard1191

Re: Recommend me some games

Postby Alucard1191 » March 11th, 2018, 11:01 pm

A lot of the thread has been about RPGs, I might recommend Star Ocean 2 on the PS. It is a really... really long game, and some of the sound effects and voices are annoying... but the game is astonishingly detailed for what it is. It's one of those games that you'd probably want to play through with a walk through to get the absolute most out of it.

But in a totally different genre, I absolutely adore Godhand on the PS2. This is one of those I really disagree with the VGC on. The game has a great combat system that I'm still learning more about. (I did a play through recently that I went more of a "drunken boxing" set up where almost all my moves dodged high attacks and it was great fun.) The difficulty level increases as you do better, which I really like as well. (Grovel when it gets too hard!)

I'm also a fan of the monster rancher series, and in my opinion the first 2 are the best ones, (I've played/own 1 through 3) it is rather easy to lose a few hours in those games.

Front Mission 4 on the PS2 is moderately fun as well. I think the storyline is a little excessive and all over the place at times, but strategy games with mechs is fun.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » March 12th, 2018, 12:25 am

DaHeckIzDat wrote:I actually already have FFVII on PS4. I had it before that on PS3. Final Fantasy games just have a hard time keeping my attention for some reason. I blame the turn based combat-- never liked that.

Well at least you've given it a shot; that's good to hear. Yeah, I can't say that I've ever enjoyed the turn-based combat either. In fact, despite liking JRPGs growing up, I can't say that I ever liked the battle system in any of them. Turn-based battles are ok in big boss battles, since there's actually strategy involved there.. but for the routine battles, it's just too slow and tedious. Instead, it's everything else outside the battles that always hooked me. Speaking of which, I'm now 5 hours into my replay of FF7 and still really liking it. It's my main game at the moment and having trouble putting it down. So far, I disagree with people who have said that the game has aged poorly. Sure, the character models aren't pretty, and turn-based battle systems are outdated, but otherwise this is the same FF7 that hooked me in the 90s.

DaHeckIzDat

Postby DaHeckIzDat » March 12th, 2018, 1:43 am

Currently I am in the middle of...

Dark Souls 3
Bloodborne (second playthrough, using new weapons, going to do the Hunter's Nightmare)
Demon's Souls
Injustice: God's Among Us
Nier Automata
Tales of Vesperia
Xenoblade Chonicles
Legend of Zelda: Windwaker
Sniper Elite 2
Horizon Zero Dawn
Batman: Arkham Knight
The Last of Us
The Orange Box
Final Fantasy XV