God of War (PS4)

Reserved for modern gaming discussions.
VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

God of War (PS4)

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 12th, 2018, 4:44 pm

God of War is getting pretty decent reviews, but I really wish they would have put a number or subtitle after that. Now it's going to be known as God of War (2018) or something like that. I hate it when publishers pretend the past doesn't even exist. Like games 10 years old are irrelevant. You see this with movies too.

One thing I noticed from the screenshots is this game seems to be more of a winter movie. Agree?

Crummylion

Re: God of War (PS4)

Postby Crummylion » April 12th, 2018, 8:55 pm

VideoGameCritic
Site Admin

Postby VideoGameCritic » April 13th, 2018, 8:15 am

That was a really good video that put things in perspective. Still, I'll try to keep an open mind going in.
I still need to review Ascension. Maybe I'll do that first.

GameOfThrones

Postby GameOfThrones » April 13th, 2018, 8:24 am

God of snore. One of my pals gave me a loan of one the the games and I did not like it. For everyone who likes a game there is one who does not.

Though the promos look amazing. So I will have to wait for some reviews from here before I pass judgement on this new one.

ESauce

Postby ESauce » April 13th, 2018, 3:43 pm

GameOfThrones wrote: For everyone who likes a game there is one who does not.

Sorry I have to call this out. Your made-up aphorism isn’t even true. Way more people like god of war than don’t. There’s not one person who doesn’t like it for everyone that does. If that was true than all games are just mediocre and no game is a classic.

Retro STrife

Postby Retro STrife » April 13th, 2018, 5:01 pm

Based on the Gamespot review I read, the series has been completely revamped for this game. It now takes a lot of cues from open-world RPGs, supposedly. And the combat has a ton of changes.

I played God of War II and never really got into it. I liked it for a little while, but had no interest in completing it. I dragged myself to about 70% completion and then stopped. Like 5 years later, I forced myself to finish it. But so far, the new God of War is averaging around 94 out of 100 on its review scores. That's really tempting me to consider it, but I'm hard-pressed after telling myself before that I was done with the series.

Ozzybear

Postby Ozzybear » April 14th, 2018, 1:22 am

I’m going to play this and have fun, if you don’t like a series then don’t play it lol plain and simple ! I hate the call of duty games , but I dot complain about it , I just don’t play them, no more no less!

newmodelarmy

Postby newmodelarmy » April 14th, 2018, 10:53 am

If you don't like the God of War series you don't have a pulse...plain and simple.

Return to “Modern Gaming”